“Very pleased”
Review of Tours Papagayo

Tours Papagayo
Ranked #19 of 32 Tours in Gulf of Papagayo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We did ATV's and jet skis with this company. Both were excellent! In these types of situations you can really hope you get a good guide and all of ours were excellent.

1  Thank Rick M

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This person promised us a private tour just for me and my husband !! Morning of the tour he called 10 minutes ahead and added a couple.. This was horrible !! Then spent the whole trip trying to justify why he did it.. I spent 30 minutes speaking to him about what the excursion would entail the previous day and one of the wishes was just me and my husband that he agreed to at a obviously higher price he then changed this the morning of!! Never visited what he promised !! And he spoke in such a low voice I never heard anything while on the bus ride.. Would not recommend this !!! I felt deceived I did not get what I was promised !!!

3  Thank Bravetherun
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Sebastian is working over by the Hilton on the beach selling tours posing as a tour guide from Papagayo. I personally know the owner of the real Tour Papagayo company. I'm in Costa Rica very often and use Tours Papagayo all the time. All his tours and staff are wonderful. Tourists, be aware of Sebastian selling tours on the beach. He is a fake!!!
If you really want a good time call Papagayo directly and you will have the best vacation in your life.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We were introduced to a "representative" of Tours Papagayo on our beach. We chose to arrange our activities for three days and the prices were consistent with "the competition" but I think they all work together and share the tourist population as we had people from other travel companies picking us up and doing the tours. The trip to Buena Vista for ziplining was a waste of money, I don't recommend it ($460 for 4, way over priced). Take the tour over to Arenal and do that one, better experience from what I have been told by other tourists here. Snorkeling is also a waste as this is the Pacific, you won't see much of anything, our experience wasn't that great ($240). Nice boat ride, but the fish are not here. ATV was amazing, LOVED IT!! We went through creeks, streets, jungle, all terrains, worth the money! ($340).

4  Thank Cheryl E
Reviewed 7 January 2014

4 of us went on 2 ATV's First time ATV'ng for 3 of us. It was about a 5 min drive from Hilton Papagayo. It was amazing. Going up a mountain. At one point I thought we were a submarine the creeks were so deep we went through. It was truly All Terrain . One point it was pretty steep and our guide got out to make sure we were ok. Halfway through we stopped for a well needed, drink at a typical house.

We felt very safe and we truly saw Costa Rica.

1  Thank swoopbns