“Terrible Experience”

Simi Valley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Today we had our experience with Tours Papagayo and unfortunately we're extremely disappointed. They were extremely disorganized from the beginning. They appeared to have no advance idea of our booking. I was unsure that we even had the correct vendor, however after several calls on their part, they honored our coupon, accepted our payment and provided the wave runners. At the conclusion of the rental, the staff was extremely rude, condescending and especially inappropriate with my wife.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank JimHassard

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very pleased”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We did ATV's and jet skis with this company. Both were excellent! In these types of situations you can really hope you get a good guide and all of ours were excellent.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rick M
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Deceived !!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This person promised us a private tour just for me and my husband !! Morning of the tour he called 10 minutes ahead and added a couple.. This was horrible !! Then spent the whole trip trying to justify why he did it.. I spent 30 minutes speaking to him about what the excursion would entail the previous day and one of the wishes was just me and my husband that he agreed to at a obviously higher price he then changed this the morning of!! Never visited what he promised !! And he spoke in such a low voice I never heard anything while on the bus ride.. Would not recommend this !!! I felt deceived I did not get what I was promised !!!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Bravetherun
New York City, New York
“Sebastian is a scam artist and a liar!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Sebastian is working over by the Hilton on the beach selling tours posing as a tour guide from Papagayo. I personally know the owner of the real Tour Papagayo company. I'm in Costa Rica very often and use Tours Papagayo all the time. All his tours and staff are wonderful. Tourists, be aware of Sebastian selling tours on the beach. He is a fake!!!
If you really want a good time call Papagayo directly and you will have the best vacation in your life.

Visited January 2014
Woodbridge, CT
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Interesting organization”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We were introduced to a "representative" of Tours Papagayo on our beach. We chose to arrange our activities for three days and the prices were consistent with "the competition" but I think they all work together and share the tourist population as we had people from other travel companies picking us up and doing the tours. The trip to Buena Vista for ziplining was a waste of money, I don't recommend it ($460 for 4, way over priced). Take the tour over to Arenal and do that one, better experience from what I have been told by other tourists here. Snorkeling is also a waste as this is the Pacific, you won't see much of anything, our experience wasn't that great ($240). Nice boat ride, but the fish are not here. ATV was amazing, LOVED IT!! We went through creeks, streets, jungle, all terrains, worth the money! ($340).

Visited February 2014