Booked this resort through a Living Social deal that was excellent. I've been to Costa Rica a couple of times before, although never to this resort. This was by far my favorite place and I would definitely return. All-inclusives can get old fast with the same activities offered and the same buffet choices every day. We thought they did a great job of mixing up the food options with the restaurants included in the stay, as well as changing what was offered at the snack bar and buffet each day. The food was better than anticipated, having stayed at all-inclusives before, and always very fresh. There were a variety of activities offered that you could choose to do, but if not, no one pressured you to do so. The staff was extremely friendly and couldn't have been more helpful...everyone from the bartenders to the foodstaff and even the maintenance guy who came to remove a huge spider from out of our bathroom without laughing (too much) at us! Thank you! :)
Yes the resort is spread out and hilly but it was never a problem to call for the shuttle and they would be there within minutes to drive you. The advantage of this is that nearly every room has an ocean view and it is quiet. They appear to be in the process of re-doing and upgrading many of the rooms which is promising. Our room had been re-done and was great, but the bathroom could use updating. There was no issue with cleanliness, but it appears dingy and outdated in contrast to the newly re-done rest of the room. Not a deal-breaker for us, and perhaps the others have a different setup--we were in building 14.
The beach here is very secluded and calm, as it is not on the open ocean. Not a place to go surfing, but great for relaxing and snorkeling. The town of Coco Beach is not far and fun to visit at night for the open-air bars and hanging out with the locals. The resort is also very convenient to Liberia airport so you can quickly get to/from and not miss out on all there is to do in this amazing country! Already knew I loved Costa Rica but now I have a resort I would definitely come back to and recommend to others. Thank you all for a great visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Guanacaste on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica,The Adults Only Occidental Grand Papagayo is only at 25 minutes from the Liberia International Airport. This Resort surrounded by nature, boast lush tropical lanscape with scenic views of Bahía Culebra in Papagayo Golf.Ideal for couples, honeymooners and adult guest seeking a relaxing getaway. The Occidental Grand Papagayo offers a highly persolized five star all- inclusive experience delivered by an attentive and dedicated staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Occidental Papagayo - Adults only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Gulf Of
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grande Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grand Papagayo Liberia