Occidental Papagayo - Adults only
Casa Conde Beach-Front Hotel(Playa Panama)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$276
US$535
US$492
El Mangroove, Autograph Collection(Playa Panama)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$239
US$87
Vista Bahia Beach Resort(Playa Panama)(Great Value!)
US$109
TripAdvisor
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica(Gulf of Papagayo)(Great Value!)
US$529
Bookit.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Villas del Papagayo(Gulf of Papagayo)
3,663 results
All reviewsroyal clubsnack barthe oriental restaurantfirst clubsunset walkcosta ricathe grillguest serviceshigh tidemain buildingour honeymoonevery other daya la carte restaurantsfun clubocean viewair canadabeach towels
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stood at this hotel for our honey moon in May. As soon as we walked in, we were bombarded by a man trying to sell us excursions.( so we thought, ill come back to that one later ) when we got to our room, it was terribly hot inside. The AC is by motion sensor, so if youre out of the room it shuts off. Everytime you come back into your room, its hot. On two nights I woke up sweating bc it had shut off. On a lighter note, the beds are comfortable and the room was clean.

The resort is well taken care of, but service is TERRIBLE! The staff is very nice, but slow. The place seems very understaffed. By the time your soda comes, youre done with dinner. Sometimes, it never came at all. The food it excellent, but there isn't much of a variety at all. Whats there is good, but, there aren't many choices.

When we went back to that guy to book an excursion, he told us he can give us a discount if we went to some meeting in the morning. Little did we know he was trying to sell us a time share. Later on that night another guest told us what he was trying to do so we decided we wouldn't go.. the next morning at 8 am, our room phone was ringing off the hook! he called 7x in a row looking for us! When we left the room to get breakfast, he was waiting for us at the restaurant to take us to the meeting!

if youre looking to relax, this is the place. its pretty quiet and theres not much really going on. I have stood at many all inclusive resorts, this is hands down- THE WORST. By 9:30 , theres no food and theres no swim up bar at the pool. WIFI sucks and asking for a password from the front desk is like youre asking for their social security number.

Sorry if this review was all over the place, wanted to just bring out the most important details. Spend the money to go else where.. I know the reviews are mixed, but I too ook that into consideration when booking this place and wish I would have gone else where. I would have rather paid for every meal and drink just to know I was getting it when I wanted it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank janice l
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My girlfriend and I took a 10 day trip to this resort. To tell you the truth, we aren't even home yet we are waiting for our next flight but I wanted to put this review up ASAP. Incredible service, beautiful place and just an awesome country. We traveled off the resort to see the Costa Rica World Cup game in cocoa beach. One of the best experiences of my life. Everyone is friendly, peaceful, and down for a good time. All of the staff at the resort were wonderful, I literally felt like I was with my own family. You'll meet couples from all over and you'll love it. You will not regret, enjoy!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Jorule945
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just got back on Sunday from beautiful Costa Rica. This resort and the staff were fantastic and made it a great vacation. It is one of the smallest resorts I have ever stayed at but was big enough for the amount of people that stayed there. Only 1 pool, which I think could use some improving (no swim up bar) but there was always a chair to sit down and staff walking around asking if you wanted a drink (don't get that at the larger resorts). It's an adult only (no screaming children) so it was nice and quiet, until they broke out the pool activities which were always fun to join and everyone is welcome. One thing I didn't like about the resort was there was no food once the buffet closed so the bars were open until 2 am or later but there was no snacks (free or for purchase) which made for some pretty bad mornings. The snack bar should be open as long as the bars are.
If your on the beach its worth stopping and looking at the handmade trinkets, they will make you anything you want within an hour. Also, get a massage those women are great at what they do and there's nothing better than hearing the waves crash, natural sounds of the wildlife and the beautiful spanish language.
While we were there, it was a good mix of young and old but everyone enjoyed themselves and partied together. It was a blast. Thanks for the memories.

2  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 4 July 2014

From the moment my husband and I got off the shuttle from Liberia, we knew we arrived at our happy place. The staff was amazing. They were all so gracious to have you as their guest and it showed. Although our Spanish completely sucked, they figured it out and kindly assisted us with what we needed. Their English was much better than our Spanish and that was mui bueno!

Bryan at the pool was a hoot! Full of positive fun energy and a delight to talk to. He made sure we had what we wanted and offered more of what we needed. It's unbelievable how the pool staff works all day at the pool (where it is very hot and usually sunny) and then work into the evening to entertain the guests. Which brings me to Jared...

I cannot begin to tell you how awesome Jared (the entertainment director) was, is. He is the epitome of Above and Beyond! We were interested in visiting Nicaraqua and asked him for some tips. It so happened that his shift was ending soon that day and he offered to show us around while we visited. We ended up in a nice city called Granada, Nicaragua which was near his hometown. He was so gracious to show us some beautiful sites to visit. Unfortunately, for unforeseen reasons, we had to cut our Nicaraguan excursion short so we were not able to see most of the beautiful sites he is so very proud of. We made sure he knew that we WILL be back to visit Nicaragua and we hope to see him there again.

All in all, it was a pleasant surprise. We were a little hesitant to book at an all inclusive resort, but being the adult beverage condensers, no children having, foodies we are... this place was perfect! It was exceptionally beautiful, entertaining and very relaxing. We most definitely will be back to stay here.

Room Tip: If you book this hotel, upgrade yourselves to Royal Club luxury. It's so worth it. You get top shelf adult beverages, reserved lounge chairs by the pool, super nice room with a great view and more. Also, DO NOT shop in their souvenir shop! WAY WAY over priced!!!! I cannot express that enough. Take a little trip to Coco Beach and you can find the same things for half the price, maybe a little cheaper if you negotiate well. Souvenir shop nice but no bueno on the budgeto.
1  Thank TwoGlasses
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very well kept, landscaping was very nice. Room was generous in size with "welcome gifts" for our honeymoon package; fresh fruit plate, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne. The ice was melted in the bucket, though, for the champagne. A/C unit worked VERY well. View from the room was gorgeous. Wildlife about property was a fun and different sight to see. If you go to the beach at night, watch out for the hermit crabs! LOTS of them! The restaurants on the property were good, however, everything we ordered at The Oriental was not good. Bland, not what I would consider "oriental", and other couples who were dining at the same time agreed that their dinner was not good, either. The Mexican restaurant needs a little more authenticity when it comes to the food. All of the bartenders were excellent, service was wonderful. Booking tours and excursions through Swiss Travel on the property was a bit pricey but totally worth every penny spent. We had such a blast on our honeymoon and can't wait to make it back to Costa Rica very soon!

3  Thank RenoWW