“good food and service. excellent cocktails and mocktails.”

Chao Pescao Small Plates & Bar
Cuisines: Latin, Bar, Central American, Costa Rican, Spanish, Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mssachusetts
“good food and service. excellent cocktails and mocktails.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We ate here twice during our stay at the Andaz. The menu was really interesting and the staff was helpful in making our choices. Cocktails and mocktails alike were delicious. Gorgeous location.

Visited February 2014

“Tapas restaurant in the chic Andaz hotel”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We were at the Andaz hotel and Chao was our pick for our dinner. The Andaz hotel is quite secluded so getting to other dining options would require a drive in the Papagayo rolling hills so we opted to stay in.

Chao has a open air setting (no AC) like many other restaurants in the area. Bugs were everywhere. They like lights and this restaurant provided exactly the light source they enjoy. You can't stay away from them in Costa Rica I guess.

Decor is casual and chic. Flows well with the theme of the hotel. Lotsa of wood makes it very warm and welcoming.

Service is prompt. We ordered the 5 tapas sampler ($23). I enjoyed the tiraditos very much. Wished I ordered more of that. The arepas came with chicken instead of the beef as described in the menu. When I asked them, they simply said it was a menu mistake. I think the manager saw that I was surprised by her response so he sent a separate bowl of the beef topping to our table. Good move. A great sign of good management. It was one of the better dining experience I've had while in Costa Rica.

Cape May NJ, United States
“Don not miss this place”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Clark the mixologist is excellent! Made me a Grey Goose and tonic with out using tonic. All herbs. Wow what a great taste.

Visited May 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Just the right touch”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Loved the atmosphere, the music, and of course, the tapas. My husband and I at here every night of our 5-night stay and always walked away satisfied. Not your typical hotel food. Yum!

• Visited May 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Clark the Mixologist is the best!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Best drinks of our lives! Clark is a mixing genious. Test him by asking him to make you the best drinks of your lives and prepare to be amazed. Amazing!

Visited April 2014