“Beautiful location, amazing service”
Review of Hotel Buenos Aires

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful location, amazing service”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed with Buenos Aires in early Dec 2013. The rooms are incredibly clean and the view is phenomenal!
Javier was fantastic from the very first email I sent with my original enquiry, right up until the day I left. The service he provided was friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
The hill is not too big to get up or down but is quite steep. However with plently of taxi's and quad bikes for hire it was never an issue getting to and from and there are some stairs from the restaurant to the rooms which also made it much easier.
I can very much recommend staying at Buenos Aires. The experience was so lovely and it really added to the wonderful holiday I had in Santa Teresa.
Thanks Javier!

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with a fan instead of a/c and that was more than sufficient. Very comfortable and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AllanaHajdu
buenosaireshotel, Propietario at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Hi Allana.
Thank you very much for your kind words, it was a pleasure to have you here. We enjoy to have guest like you!
Hope to see you again.
Merry Xmas!!!
J.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband & I stayed 5 nights Dec 2nd-7th and we wished we would have stayed longer:( The hotel is located on top of a big hill & has the best view in town. Javier is an amazing host & the property is so clean & beautiful. Be sure to eat @ Javier's restaurant, Brisa's del Mar. It was the best food we ate on our 2 week Costa Rica vacation & we also traveled to Tamarindo & La Fortuna. Also, the Coco Loco Watermelon Sangria is to die for- we had 2 pitchers! Javier tried to pull our arm to stay a few days longer (our next stop was La Fortuna) and I wish we would have taken his advice. I didn't enjoy La Fortuna area as much as Santa Teresa. Santa Teresa was my cup of tea- you were right, Javier:) We hope to have the opportunity to stay @ Buenos Aires again. And if you ever feel crazy enough to travel to cold, snowy Minnesota... we have room available, Javier. Pura Vida!

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor and loved the fan. No need for A.C & we saved a few bucks.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mnygaar1
buenosaireshotel, Propietario at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you Megan for your words! And thank you for share your vacation with us.
Flo and l wish you a Merry Xmas and a happy new year.
Big love for you and Ben from Mal Pais.
J.
Laguna Hills, California
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The Buenos Aires is high on the hillside overlooking Playa Carmen and the town below. Was grateful for my 4x4 rental to make it up the hill. Hands down the best view in town. We arrived just in time for sunset and it was amazing! Javi and Flo are gracious hosts and very conscientious that everything was to our satisfaction. Clean simple rooms with a cabin like feel. Warm and inviting. After a morning surf session I feel deep asleep in one of the hammocks slung outside along the first floor to the sound of birds and surf below. In room air conditioning helped temper the humidity. No TV (gratefully). Small fridge stocked with aguas, gaseosas, y cervezas and room to spare for personal food and/or drinks. The pool is below next to the Brisas del Mar restaurant. It's a bit of a hike up and down stairs cut into the hillside, but it's there and I saw others enjoying it. The restaurant, Brisas del Mar, is open for breakfast and lunch and worthy of a review all on it's own. Not what I think of as a resort, but with plenty of pura vida to spare!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian B
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights longer at this place than we had planned, cause we simple enjoyed it that much. Clean and big rooms. Great hosts (thanks Javier!) and a cool small town with great waves, relaxed atmosphere and good restaurants ( Las brisas del mar, koji, zula, the Belgian bakery and so on). Pura Vida!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roxanne M
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2013

What a wonderful, cozy, friendly, and safe place to stay. We have traveled to Costa Rica for nearly fifteen years and this is our best stop yet. The owners, Javi and Flo provide such a personal experience that it really makes you feel at home. The view may be the best in the entire country.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was our first time at Buenos Aires Hotel, but not my first time in Costa. I have to share our experience because was by far the most fun and relaxing vacations we had in years!
The Hotel is super (l mean super) clean, the atmosphere very tranquilo and the view… well just F# awesome!
The surfing was great too, you surf just in front. And the waves were super fun, head high, open and my girlfriend learned to surf there, it was a perfect spot for beginners.
Hope to come back soon to our new discover because we felt very welcome, like at home!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria Victoria R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My girlfriend and I were fortunate enough to stay in Buenos Aires in March 2012.
Great place with great people.
Javi and Florenzia are awesome, always there to help and have a chat.
The prices are very reasonable, and for what you get it an absolute bargain.
All rooms have sea views, hammocks and some garden furniture.
The garden has a beautiful green lawn, with some chairs and tables to chill and check out the surf.

The walk to the hotel might seem like a disadvantage, but actually its what makes it secluded and away from the dust of the roads. And there is a swimming pool half way up the hill, what makes it even better.

If I'm back in the area I'll make sure to book early enough as this place is one to remember!

Room Tip: cant go wrong with any room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple