My husband and I stayed at Shaka Surf Camp for 7 days. It was so difficult to leave. Saying goodbye to the camp brought tears to my eyes. We wanted to stay forever.
What an amazing experience. Life changing actually.
The camp is so peaceful and fun. We met life long friends while at Shaka. Hanging out at meals, enjoying conversation, listening to music and stories. We call it "adult camp".
I can't say enough about Chris. His unique techniques for surfing made the biggest difference. He is so incredibly patient. He pushes you to believe in yourself and not to take yourself too seriously. His sense of humor and fun is contagious. You can't help but to love surfing. I am addicted.
The service at Shaka was 6 stars! There is a few fancy five star resorts in Santa Teresa, however I would guarantee you will not find more personalized service. The meals are fanastic. The staff is incredible. You are treated as family, not as a guest.
The rooms are simple, but extremely clean and comfortable.
We are already planning our return trip. If I could go back tomorrow, I would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable neighbourhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a jungle haven offering private villas nestled amongst the tropical surroundings. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches in the heart of Hermosa's "Surf Zone". Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and surfing of all levels. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga packages to experience a true piece of paradise! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa