“Very Charming”

Ranked #12 of 33 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Milwaukee
“Very Charming”
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I just found this place to be very charming. The style of the bungalows was so cute and eccentric. We had monkeys dropping mangoes on our roof which sounded scary but was funny at the same time. I loved the semi-outdoor shower. It is attached and enclosed, however the roof is slightly raised and separated not to mention a little translucent so you get a lot of sun and feel like you are showering outside. There is no hot water. It is cool to lukewarm, but it was pretty hot so it was quite refreshing. No ac, but since we are across the street from the beach it cooled down in the evening and the ceiling fan was very strong. There is a nice deck in the back of the bungalow with a hammock for relaxing.

The owner was very nice but a little disorganized. When we arrived she had to bring all of her keys to find out which one worked for our room. We had a special package where we needed to select hotels/inns from a certain list and breakfast was supposed to be included. So when she served us breakfast I did not pay as I figured this was implicit. Well the last morning, two young boys who were like 9 or 10 walked in and started talking to her while we were eating. She comes up to my husband asking him to pay for breakfast (she seemed nervous so I felt bad). I explained to her that this was supposed to be covered. Sometimes I had a hard time understanding her because although I speak Spanish she has a heavy French accent in her Spanish which confused me.

Anyway, she explained to me the boys were there to "collect" money for their mom who I guess was a partner and she needed the money from me to pay them. Well we worked it out so once she realized we were promised breakfast with our voucher. I just wanted to share this story because my husband and I found it funny that two 10 year olds came by to "shake her up" for money. It didn't ruin the experience at all, it was just a little awkward. I would still recommend, just watch out for those 10 year olds!

It also rained the last night and we had no power anywhere in Santa Teresa. You never realize how essential electricity is until you are in that situation. It was an adventure!

I love Santa Teresa, by the way, way more than Jaco.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nononana

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
new york
Reviewed 18 December 2009

It was a very nice place like every on dreamed for holiday .
The see is very near
everything is very clean
You are not incomoded by any thing.
Sure that i will com back to this place

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family