“Delectable and delightful!”

Nectar at Florblanca Resort
Ranked #19 of 90 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant Nectar at Hotel Florblanca is laid back and elegant; an indoor/outdoor hangout for guests and locals wanting to dine, celebrate, or enjoy after a day at the beach. The kitchen serves up fusion cuisine with Latin, Mediterranean and Asian influences. The menu is built around seasonal ingredients with an emphasis on organic local produce, fresh seafood from the surrounding waters, and traditional favorites. From sushi to fish tacos, from salads to chocolate souffle, our menu is varied and creative.
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delectable and delightful!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Nectar is one of those places where, from the moment you walk in, you know you're in for a treat. The lighting and music are perfect, so the ambiance is set from the start and topped off by the terrific vibe from the staff...and the food...oh my! I've had the pleasure of dining there several times and sampled many items from the dinner menu, as well as breakfast and lunch. Plenty of comfort food to choose from, like the fish tacos, ceviche, fish chips, and others. The strip loin on New Year's Eve was delicious, thick, juicy, and tender. I've enjoyed every minute of the sushi sampler (repeat offender!!), as well as the panko crusted prawn roll, and it is sushi as good as, if not better than, any I've ever tried. Recently I tried the prawn risotto and it just blew me away; even the bread rolls and artisan butters are mouthwatering! As far as drinks are concerned, for those beer drinkers who rarely stray from the path (like myself), the cocktails are worth it...mint madness!!! And for dessert, it is impossible to choose between the chocolate volcano and the ice cream, so get them both! Enjoy!!!

• Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Tambor, Costa Rica
“Cocktails, sushi & Ice cream sandwiches.....”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

From start to finish... The cocktails are some of the best I've had, the bartenders hilarious and friendly. The sushi is WORLD class, exceptionally fresh and local and served with a fresh passion fruit pulp... Ridiculously delicious! And then there's the ice cream sandwich. Perfect for sharing... Two freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream, a chocolate drizzle and fresh mint and a strawberry. Over. The. Top. You won't be disappointed, I think it's impossible.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank elleintrepid
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Great Food, Wonderful Service, and Amazing Atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I dined here for our 10 year anniversary. We had dinner reservations at sunset, and we were greeted by Cesar. He asked if we would like to start with a drink on the beach because the restaurant doesn't have the very best view of the sun setting. We were delighted and he took our order and showed us to the beach. After enjoying the sunset, we went back and were escorted to our private cabana table across the pool from the main seating area. Our food was delicious! The Tuna Sampler was great, especially the Smoked Tuna. The Prawn Roll was also wonderful. The Calamari was your basic fried calamari rings like you would get in the states, nothing special but if that's something you love normally, then you'll certainly love it here. They have a specialty drink menu and good wine list. We enjoyed a bottle of Champagne. Everything was very good and Cesar made sure that our anniversary was special. He was the BEST!

1 Thank StefaniLeo
Tambor, Costa Rica
“Exceptional.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Have had the pleasure of dining here on several occasion for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The setting is exceptional, and the service friendly and informed. The kitchen is creative and accommodating (allergies etc.) And the ingredients blow me away, Incredible produce! And they serve a variety of local cheeses from outside of San Jose, that literally blew us away!

My favourite breakfast is the arugula omelet with homemade banana toast and I think Passion fruit jam... SOOOO GOOD. Also the banana French toast is killer bee's also.

The lunchtime taco's are super tasty, and fresh. And the dinner options, although heavy on seafood, (which I am allergic to) are beautifully executed. The kitchen has been very accommodating and allowed for me to substitute on the menu, which is greatly appreciated.

The best dessert so far is the Chocolate Chip Cookie and Vanilla Ice Cream sandwiches..... GOOD GRAVY! Hot our of the oven melt in your mouth cookies with house made ice cream, fresh strawberries and a chocolate drizzle. Out of control good.

Oh and lets not forget the cocktails. DELICIOUS. They make the best Guaro Sours in Santa Teresa and the Passion Fruit Caiprihana is phenomenal.

This place has it all :)

1 Thank elleintrepid
Westfield, New Jersey
“Now I get it”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Went there last year and wasn't so sure, so we gave it another shot. I'm a convert!

First off, this property is not to be missed, so go just to check this amazing place out. The restaurant looks out on the beach and is lovely. My kids always appreciate a place with chicken fingers and I'm always looking for a good fish taco, so everyone was happy here. Great juices and smoothies. Staff was lovely. Pampering lunch

Visited April 2014