If you are trying to surf your brains out, then this is the place to be. The hotel is located within a block from the beach access to a great beach break. Don Jon's has a unique, tree house feel. All the workers are helpful and very relaxed. The rooms are clean and simple. No hot water. This hotel is amazing, and I highly recommend it for the 20 and 30 year old surfer/backpacker travelers. Don was not there at the time, but Alejandro did a great job running the place.
My group of three traveled to Santa Teresa in the middle of October. Despite "green season", the weather was beautiful, and the surf was still clean and head high. Santa Teresa was somewhat of a ghost town, not many American travelers around during this time. Many hotels and stores were closed for the month of October. Santa Teresa is a cool surf town, and I always felt safe, until the moment we were robbed at knifepoint in the middle of the day, on the beach. We were only about two blocks away from Don Jon's. It was a tico looking guy, and he robbed us of an iphone and cash. The problem in Santa Teresa, is that there was no police presence. I was told i had to travel 1/2 hour away to report the robbery, and I was extremely upset so it never was reported. I learned a few days later that a man was robbed at gunpoint in the middle of the day on the beach in Santa Teresa, close to where we were robbed. I highly recommend never carrying any type of valuables with you while walking around Santa Teresa.
Despite that, Don Jon's is awesome! and super safe, they have a night guard to make sure no one breaks in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Don Jon*s has a variety of accomodations, great restaurante, and is conviniently located. Dorm rooms for backpackers, modern apartments with AC for groups, and rustic cabins with private rooms all made from teak wood and very one of a kind. A restaurante serving the freshest fish tacos, burritos, sandwiches and salads all ways, always. Only 100 meters walk to Santa Teresa beach with consistent surf year round and in the center of the village near markets, reataurantes, and soccer plaza. A family run establishment where the service is personalized and with gusto. See you soon! Pura Vida! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Don Jon's Lodge and Restaurante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Don Jon`s Hostel And Restaurante Hotel Santa Teresa
- Don Jon's Lodge And Restaurante Costa Rica/Santa Teresa