“The Jungle House saved my holiday...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Jungle House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
The Jungle House
Berlin, Germany
“The Jungle House saved my holiday...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was visiting my girlfriend for 2 weeks in late March 2012.
The jungle house is a great place to stay - I can say so,
since I ended up spending way more time in the house,
than originally planed. Just like _most_ folks in Santa Teresa,
I wanted to go surfing twice a day, but at the 2nd day of my vacation
my foot got cut by another guy's surfboard - I needed to get stitches -
so much for surfing...
But "being trapped" at the JH turned out to be a really cool experience...

First of all: the place is - (compared to other hostels in S.T.) all nice and CLEAN,
all the time. Sure, there are always some lizards around and one or the other ant,
but come on - it's a Jungle House...
The bathroom and floors get cleaned every day and also the bed
sheets get changed after a couple of days.
There are two fridges, so you never run out of cooling space and even those fridges
get cleaned at least once a week. There's is free _very good_ coffee in the morning
and the kitchen is also nicely equipped with blenders, a toaster, water dispenser and
of course a big stove - preparing meals was really fun here.

All rooms and the floors have fans (that actually work) so it never gets
too hot (even in the dry season) - finding sleep was not a problem at all.
(If you are sensitive to noise you should probably avoid the room at the
end of the ground floor, since it is pretty close to the street. This was our room,
but we didn't mind at all).

Right next to the house is some kind of covered stage where one can practicing
yoga and as far as I could see the guests made quite use of it.

The beach and the supermarket are just a 5 Minute walk away, which is _very_
handy.

If you need to have hot water - be warned - there is no hot water in the JH, but
IMHO this is absolutely not necessary, at least not in the dry season. There's
a shower in the bathroom inside, one outside the house and one in the "garden",
which is very impressive to use, at night under a clear starry sky.

What I liked the most, was the nice little garden in front of the house. There where
two hammocks hung between stakes (rammed into the ground) and nice
beach-sand underneath (which was obviously brought here, just to please the user's
eyes and feet (Even the sand got raked every day).
Man, I loved to lie in those hammocks and read from my kindle all
day long. It was all nice and shady because of the surrounding trees, which got only
shaked by a family of howler monkeys once in a while (needed to take cover from falling
monkey poo ;-)...

Yet, the "main attraction" of the place is Carlos the "house keeper" (actually he's one of the
owners). The heart and soul of that place. He takes so much care of his guests in a way that is
far, far above-average. This guy is so helpful, hearty and always cheerful.
He shared his meals with us, helped instantly to get the ambulance (when I got my feet cut),
gave us an extra lift to "down town" in his fancy green jeep, called the ferry company - I could
go on... Man, the guy even went to Cóbano and bought my girlfriend a two birthday cakes...

Carlos, bro - thank you so much!
Staying at your house was such a great pleasure for me.
I really hope to come back one day soon...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank polkatrip

Business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Very nice place! Very Quiet, nice people, nice food, clean... Made my trip exeptional for surfing and other!!! Here a tips: ask Preston for surfing and others stuff to do... He will made your trip awesome in Santa Teresa!!!

matte...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank montisis
Los Olivos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Jungle House for the first leg of our two week honeymoon. We absolutely loved it. Justin was extremely helpful & steered us to some better breaks than the one only 100 meters away and recommended some excellent resturants. We enjoyed surfing, hanging out at the beach, walking around town, and drinking coffee in the kitchen with the other guests. we had a lot of laughs & really appreciated everything the Justin did for us & would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

I was looking for a quiet surfing trip with friends and I definitely found it at the Jungle House. The house was so much more than I expected with its laid back, charming, artistic decor and totally comfortable. Andy and Justin were fantastic hosts, they made sure we had all we needed to be comfortable. Justin took us on an excursion to the jungle where we hiked and jumped 40 foot waterfalls, it was fantastic.......highly recommended. There were lots of good places to eat walking distance and the little town is absolutely adorable. Not much night life but that's not what we were looking for so it was perfect for us. The beach and the surf is just a 5 minute walk through the jungle and we always had friendly dogs follow us, tons of dogs on the beach and they all think everyone is there master lol. Justin will keep you informed about the surf and the tides. Breakfast was yummy and very convenient as you can eat and straight to the beach, well worth the money.
Waking up to the sound of the howling momkeys and exotic birds was fabulous. I can't forget to mention that there were no MOSQUITOES.........now that was awsome.
I will definitely return to the Jungle House and would recommend it to anyone who's looking for the same type of vacation. Thanks Andy and Justin

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank JoanneD75
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

My sister and I were staying in Santa Teresa with our boyfriends, and on one of our walks we saw the Jungle house gate opened. We were not 100% happy with the hostel we were in, so we decided to check it out. We were met by this adorable, smiley surfer girl who quickly became our friend, and she showed us inside the beautiful new place her and her partner had built. It was clean, stylish and affordable. We were their first guests at the time! We all can't wait to go back someday, and hope the word is getting out about how great this place is.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Can-Can026
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

I spent two months in costa rica traveling and surfing from north to south. I arrived in santa teresa towards the end of my trip and stumbled upon the jungle house. It is not as brightly advertised as other hotels in the area since it is brand new. Not many people know about it. Had their gate not been open for a vehicle to come in I would never have known about it. Its right across the street from the overbooked beach break hotel.

The couple running the Jungle House; Lowell and Ashley are both super friendly and do an excellent job keeping things in order. The rooms are air conditioned and the shower is hot (which is a luxury in costa rica). The place is very clean and safe. I surfed everyday, went spear fishing, and even cooked a pig out back wit some australian boys. I have nothing but great things to say about the place. Santa Teresa is a cool spot as well.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank krivas805
San DIego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

If you are going to Santa Teresa and looking for a place to stay that maybe not is like all the "regular hotels/hostels" in Costa Rica this is your place. It is like entering a family house but with all the good benefits of a hotel. If you are going to Santa Teresa, this is the place where you should stay!

Johan