Just returned from 8 day Trip to Costa Rica. Spent 4 Nights at Pranamar. 3 Nights in Villa #3 and 1 night in Villa #4. Upon arrival - drinks were offered to cool us down from 6 hour trip from Volcano and from crossing 3 rivers. Were promptly escorted to our villa which was fantastic and right next to pool. Through the bushes could see the ocean - and could hear the ocean. Just close enough to beach. Beach in front is rocky but 5 minute walk to left to large sandy flat beach. Breakfast was included. Portions are very large and very delicious. The food is very very good. My daughter is gluten free, and the second day they had gluten free pancakes for her after simple request. If I had planned better they could have had them ready first day. Had dinner first night at on site restaurant - food was fantastic - though my glass of red wine was a little off... told waitress but I think I was not clear - as she just smiled and brought me something else without offering to take it off bill...I am on vacation so let it slide...dinner for 4 around $210 including tip, a couple of drinks, desserts. You will not be disappointed in the food!! All fresh. All delicious. The Pancakes in the morning come with huge bowl of fruit! If you are not a big breakfast person, order 1 entrée and share with someone. We all tried something different from menu and all were a resounding success.
My teenage daughters and myself had massages... they were wonderful, on the beach and were reasonably priced and would definitely recommend!
My 2 daughters and wife had surf lessons with Pedro - he was very accommodating as to taking them out after rain stopped. They all had a great time. Next time - would have put boards on car and driven the 1/2 mile down to beach instead of making them carry the boards - but wife and daughters did not complain and since we were there to be outside - they could handle the 10 minute walk to beach and pretend they were real surfers!
Yoga: Yoga studio beautiful. Great instructor - I am beginner, all 4 of us took Yoga for 3 out of our 4 days. Classes were varied and atmosphere stunning.
Accomodations: Wonderful. Villa #3 had King bed and outdoor bathroom/shower on first floor. 2 Singles upstairs with enclosed bathroom. The villas are wonderful. You are in a jungle atmosphere so there were ants but they were minimal. Almost called to help clear out the monster moths in the upstair room one night that were freaking out my daughter but I was able to clear it out myself. My one suggestion would be to clear out the moths prior to putting new guests in the villas. Again, bugs will get in. I was actually surprised after reading all the review here on how FEW bugs there were. The 1/2 outdoor bathroom actually had less bugs than the villa itself. Showering in the outdoor shower was relaxing and beautiful! and had no bugs. If you are looking for Marriott or Hilton style rooms - don't come to this part of Costa Rica. Rooms were awesome! Overall look and feel of resort is same as pictures.
Outstanding: The staff (all of them) at reception area were friendly and very accommodating and made us feel very welcome. Staff at restaurant the same. Breakfast waiters were so nice my daughters could not stop telling me how nice the waiter was. I don't remember his name but thanks for the plate of Leches!
After reading some other negative reviews - here is my two cents....Bugs: yes there are bugs, but nothing you can not deal with. However, some of the gaps in the screens in the villas could be worked on a little bit. And if you have a problem just call reception area and they will come to your rescue. Overgrown walkways: We did not experience any and loved the walkways, the flowers, the bushes. On second day there - there were 2 people carefully trimming back from walkways. Staff: I found the staff to be fantastic - not sure why anyone would complain about staff. Villas: could need a little updating/freshening up/newer towels but architecturally beautiful. And for $400 a night - some complimentary bottles of water in fridge would have been a nice touch and complimentary Orange juice included with breakfast as well. Also, a nice touch some other resorts do now after check in, is for someone from staff to contact guests and ask them if everything ok - always adds a nice touch!
Overall - I would highly recommend Pranamar if you are staying in this area of Costa Rica and want a little luxury as well as rustic feel, yoga on site, surfing on site, fantastic restaurant on site, accommodating staff....should I go one? Would I come back? YES
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa