Pramamar was our last stop in Costa Rica, we chose it to be a luxurious ending to an adventure filled trip with incredible highs. We were sweetly upgraded to a beach front villa which is a truly extravagant space. it was finished beautifully using stunning wood and every attention has been paid to the interior detail. The hotel as a whole experience is lovely and I WOULD recommend it. I do want to point out somethings which I hope come across as constructive criticism and that perhaps should be looked at.
The staff who we spoke to are are sweet and really helpful, we understood the team there work as a 'family'. One thing though, which was evident, was at meal times some of the waitresses (in particular) tuck into their breakfast, lunch or dinner and the same time as the guests, chatted away with their backs turned. I'm not sure now normal this is, at least where we are from it's not. But there is a laid back attitude in CR which does grow on you - perhaps this is an example of it.
The breakfasts you get within your rate are definitely very good but perhaps a smoothy or juice should be included rather than having to pay extra for it. This is one of those little money making extras that's quite irritating when paying quite such a high rate and considering fruit is one of Costa Rica's biggest exports, its not really right to charge for it, we thought anyway.
The hotel is on a lovely spot of beach completely out of the dusty reaches of Santa Teresa with great surfing for all levels as well as perfect tidal pools for swimming. I would say though at the time we visited it was a shame the garden of the hotel wasn't greener and the young plants haven't filled out, I know this is to do with the dry season and once the rain comes things will look a lot different. It was just a shame there wasn't more wildlife due to the lack of large plants, isn't there is a way of using recycled water to feed the plants?
My biggest gripe, which may seem trivial, was the outdoor pathways which really don't look finished, and every so often you might see a little pile of left over building materials hidden under a small plant, or maybe some left over slabs of paving tucked behind something. Also there is a distinct lack of bridges over the little rivers, so you need to jump over or walk through them, this was a bit odd but could be very easily solved.
Overall though I genuinely believe these points are the result of the hotel only being opened just six months, teething problem, things are being worked on, maybe you do need more help in the gardens, so the outside looks as good as the inside.
I do want to mention the owners are seriously experts in the luxury hotel trade and Pranamar clearly means everything to them. They are constantly on site and are very hands on. I do wish them all the best. As soon as the rainy season comes this hotel will blossom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa