“Best salad I had in Costa Rica”

Pranamar Buddha Eyes
Ranked #46 of 91 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Healthy, South American, Costa Rican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Imagine sitting under beautiful high bamboo ceilings and gazing out over a serene lagoon pool while enjoying delicious, lovingly prepared food …welcome to Pranamar’s restaurant. A dining experience of unforgettable quality, Pranamar's restaurant will most likely linger in your mind long after your vacation ends. Our restaurant, with spectacular views and an exotic, relaxed atmosphere, not only serves delicious food, but also is committed to creating dishes that nourish the body and enliven the senses.Taste some of Costa Rica's local fruits and vegetables, explore creative vegetarian cooking or experience fish and seafood bought from local fishermen of the Peninsula. We offer something for every palate and are more than happy to accommodate special dietary needs or lifestyle choices. Pranamar’s restaurant sources the freshest ingredients for our menu with a strong emphasis on using organic and locally produced products whenever possible. Our food is simple yet enticing. Our belief is that nature knows best. Our Costa Rican chef rejoices in using fruits and vegetables as natural as possible, trying to use the least amount of procedures as possible and taking advantage of their natural qualities. The menu coincides with the North Pacific seasons of Costa Rica in order to maintain the highest standard of food and beverages quality throughout the year. Our style combines Pacific Rim cuisine with Asian and native influences. The casual yet refined dining experience derives from our passion for food, combined with high standards of quality and our friendly service. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served seven days a week and the restaurant is open to the public. Dinner reservations are recommended.
Goteborg, Sweden
“Best salad I had in Costa Rica”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had a salad with beetroots, cranberries and lentils. By far the best salad I had during my CR visit.
My kids shared a hamburger and were equally happy. The smoothie list had a lot of fruit and veggie options. Everything felt fresh and healthy! The nice ambiance and friendly staff added to the positive experience. Quiet and peaceful. Only downside was that the place was too far away from our hotel and that we did not have any other chance to visit.

One note though, on my way out I stopped by at the reception to buy some really beautiful piece of jewelry. Two guys in the reception totally ignored me even though I stood there for a long time. When my husband finally asked some questions about the pieces it seemed more or less as we were disturbing them and they did not have the answers either. For me the pieces were not cheap. And the first impression lasts, that is, I keep wonder if this is the level of service the rest of the hotel is providing too?

Visited February 2014

Boston
“Fresh Fish to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had almost every meal here for 6 days. It was delicious, friendly service and always something new.

Denver, Colorado
“Feliz Navidad Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had a beautiful Christmas dinner here and loved the food and the scenery, and the service was phenomenal. The accommodations look great as well, we would love to come stay sometime.

Visited December 2013
new york
“incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

First of all this place has the best salads in Santa Teresa, every day the chef comes up with variations on salads, I think he should write a cook book. My boyfriend never eats salad and was eating mine out of my plate! I finally made him get his own. This was just the beginning! The rest of the menu was wonderful, the pasta special a few nights ago with shrimp and zucchini cream was so good it makes my mouth water just thinking about it (and I am Italian and therefore super picky about pasta, but then again so is the chef).

Visited January 2014
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Buddha Eyes, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Incredible,
Wow, thanks so much. After just receiving a "luke warm" Trip Advisor review I was feeling SAD. Having an Italian chef, and Argentinian chef and a Venezuelan chef, I am feeling like we really have a good menu with lots of fun authentic choices. So THthank you for taking the time to send a review and knowing that you are Italian and picky, I'm doubly pleased you liked our pasta!
You just made my day big hugs to you,
Love,
Susan Money (Owner)
Stockholm, Sweden
“Beautiful restaurant, but..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

The food did not knock us out of our socks. Seared tuna and noodels served in a funky wooden bowl with handle was fine. The pasta with mussels and seafood did not work. However, the staff was more than accomodating and friendly.Maybe next time we come there can be a more up beat feel about the food.
Pura Vida:)

Dear Diner,
Sorry to read that you did not "have your socks knocked off" I must tell you, that I personally bought those wooden bowls with the handles while i was in Bali. I just loved them and found them to be so unique. We have guests begging us to buy them from us and I will not sell one. However, I cant expect everyone to find my choices of artwork or wooden bowls to their liking. So sorry you weren't a big fan. I think in the big picture, the container in which we are served our food is not nearly as important as the food!

I am very happy to hear that you were appreciative of our staff and felt they were very accomodating. Wish your food experience was better though. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Susan Money, Owner