Playa Cielo was the perfect beach getaway vacation, I only wish we'd had more time there. We were traveling with our 2 yr old daughter, and the owners and staff treated us as though we were family, taking care of everything we could possibly need.
The casitas are so lovely and comfortable with beautiful eco-friendly finishes, canopy king bed, flat screen tv, and an awesome open roof shower. The design even has a wall that we put our daughter's crib behind, so we were separated from her. Each morning we were brought fresh fruit to eat on our terrace overlooking the lush grounds and the waves in the ocean. In the evening our toddler loved lying in the hammock with us, listening to all of the animals and watching the monkeys in the trees. We LOVED the pool which is super tot-friendly, in fact we had a hard time getting our kid to come out! The little pools that form in the coral on the beach as the tide goes out each day are just heavenly as well. There are several great restaurants nearby that we tried, and we were also fortunate to get to test out some delicious items from their new beachfront Mexican restaurant, which features free range meats. The ceviche, chunky guacamole and tangy chicken burritos were supper yummy! There are so many things to do in the region, but we were content just to mostly stay around the beach and relax. Even with our 2 yr old, the scenery and surroundings somehow still made the vacation seem romantic. The location is great. I walked along the street to food shop, yoga, restaurants, bakery. If you're looking for the comforts of home in a luxury private beach setting with wonderful people taking care of you, then this is your place! Thanks so much Adele, Sol, family and staff. We can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa