“Best Vacation in Santa Teresa!!”
Review of Playa Cielo

Playa Cielo
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
New York
“Best Vacation in Santa Teresa!!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at Playa Cielo during last year for the Thanksgiving weekend.

It was a collection of beautifully secluded private luxury beachfront villas each with an individual style which made it feel like a home from home. The hosts (Adele and Sol) were very friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed daily Boogie boarding with fantastic surf and loved spending time on the very quiet and beautiful beach which was perfect for long walks along.

Carlos who is in charge at the reception was also very helpful and organized our private sea fishing trip as well as the horse back riding at a nearby huge ranch. When we caught a 20lb of Mahi Mahi during the fishing trip, the chef at Hababero cooked a perfect meal from our freshly caught fish including a delicious ceviche!

The location of Playa Cielo is within perfect walking distance to nearby restaurants and cafes including a very cute café run by a super friendly couple from Argentina and Italy. They have the best Iced Coffee served in a martini glass( Shakitini!!) I was so addicted to that drink that I have to consume one at least daily during our stay.

The whole atmosphere in the town was calm, safe and friendly leaving us with many memories and we truly appreciate the special hospitality from Adele and Sol during out stay. Playa Cielo is one of our favorite vacation accommodations and we would highly recommend and love to visit again!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank uescupcake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Beautifully secluded on the beach, yet the most conveniently located in walking distance to local attractions, Playa Cielo is not only the nicest place to stay (as close to a Relais Chateaux as you can get in Santa Teresa), it has an amazing restaurant, (Habanero), overlooking the ocean. The food is incredible with to-die-for dishes you can't get at home! Absolute YUM!
Great, attentive staff make sure your experience is as enjoyable as it gets!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants.Relax by beachfront pool or lounge in any of the available hammocks by the ocean.
eautiful, luxury beachfront villas each with amazing ocean views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Suemer19
Escazú, San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Is this place real!? Its more like a dream!
The combination of my beachfront villa, beachfront restaurant (Habanero), great service, very friendly staff, and listening to the waves breaking right from my room equals BLISS!
A truly beautiful hidden paradise!
I live in Costa Rica and will be coming back here every time I come to playa Santa Teresa....
Thank you to owners Adele and Shlomi for a truly unforgettable experience! I will be back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pedro F
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Brought my two children to this superb secret spot nestled in the jungle. My daughter, a hard to please tween, said she had one of the best times of her life here. On the way home to California, my 6 year old son said "Mom, can we just pick dad and the dog up and go right back to the resort, FOREVER?" The beauty and tranquility are incredible but the hospitality is #1. Everything from the service to the style was a 10!

Room Tip: They all seemed perfect!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This was the second stop for my wife and I on our honeymoon. Despite the rough ride in to Santa Teresa, Playa Cielo made it worthwhile. Our casita was amazing! The windows looked out towards the beach...we could easily leave the doors open and listen to the sound of the waves crashing along the shore. The casita was quite romantic. I was a huge fan of the open air shower, as well as the large patio area with 2 hammocks. The beach directly in front was a little rocky...but you could easily walk for miles in both directions. At times, it was like my wife and I had the beach to ourselves (granted it was the start of the low season, but still). The grounds were well kept. And it was really cool seeing two of the owners (Adele and Ety - sorry if I misspell the names) while we were out and about each day. They always made sure to ask how everything was and if we needed anything. I read about other places in Santa Teresa and guests complained about the difficulty with just being able to talk to someone on staff. That was not the case here! If you are looking for a romantic getaway, I highly recommend staying at Playa Cielo.

The restaurant onsite (Habanero) served some delicious dishes...but I'll be reviewing that separately =)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Victor B
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week in November and had a wonderful and relaxing time. The casitas are beautiful and the one we stayed in (Mariposa) had a great view of the ocean. I loved spending time on the patio relaxing and gazing at the ocean and beautifully landscaped garden. This was our second time in the area and we opted to take the plane ride from San Jose to Tambor rather than the 6 hour drive we took the first time. If it is your first time in the area the car ride lets you see the country side, but we much preferred the quick plane ride. I would definitely recommend taking surfing lessons, renting quads, and going to Montezuma to hike the water fall and do the canopy tour. All of the food in the area is fantastic as well, including the onsite restaurant. I feel this place is a very good value for being right on the ocean. We hope to be back some day!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple