“BILLY AND HIS WIFE ARE AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chicken Joe's

Chicken Joe's
Ranked #7 of 91 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Latin, Central American, Peruvian, Spanish, South American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seguin, Texas
“BILLY AND HIS WIFE ARE AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Family friendly spot to grab a great lunch or dinner. Fish tacos, fish and chips, and of course the chicken. We ate her twice during our 5 day stay and everything was great. The proprietors are friendly and a pleasure to visit with while enjoying a great meal. We will be back. Thanks Again, Heath and Tess.

• Visited March 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Amazing food, amazing owners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

My boyfriend and I ate here a LOT on our vacation! We stumbled across it by following our noses to the amazing smells coming off of it from the street. It's nothing fancy in way of seating or atmosphere, but it doesn't need to be. The first time we ate there the manager was so very nice and gave us plenty of amazing local advice on what was good to do in the area. We chatted with him even while we ate and over the course of our vacation came to know everyone who works there by name. We were always greeted with smiles and fast, friendly service, even when it was busy!

Now...the food. THE FOOD! It is SO GOOD! I don't eat chicken, but I was pretty convinced of its awesomeness by the look on my boyfriend's face, and the fact that he ordered a second serving multiple nights in a row. He got the rotisserie chicken every single time, even though he's usually more adventurous. I guess it was satisfying! It sure smelled good to me.

I tend to find what I like and stick to it, so after trying the fish tacos for the first time I was hooked. This is a very generous portion and of superior quality to others in the area...and I pretty much ate a fish taco everywhere I saw signs for one so that's saying something! The homemade hot sauce is so amazing...I'm very sad that we didn't have access to refrigeration on our trip back, because I would have really loved to take a bottle or two home with me. Seriously, it's amazing! As a hot sauce collector I'm really impressed.

The desserts are a must here...they're not super-well advertised, but they're AWESOME! They're made fresh daily so they're always great. I probably ate a whole chocolate torte over the course of our stay, and I regret nothing. It's rich, creamy, and delicious. My boyfriend swears by the banana cream pie, which he says is out of this world and the best he's ever had. The owner will tell you it's because of the quality of the bananas down there, and the fact that they wait for it to ripen on the vine instead of picking it while still green (which is definitely true, the bananas were amazing down there!). We were never disappointed with this place and I really hope it's still there when we return because they are such nice people with really great food. I highly recommend this place!

Visited January 2014
“The name says it all!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband had the chicken taco and it was delicious! I had the fish taco and it was good, not as good as the chicken though, imagine that... This is a great casual roadside stop for lunch, dinner or snacks. Jo was very friendly and his young son helping out was very nice as well. Restaurant was clean and organized which tells me a lot about the place and how it is run. Beer was cold, so cold mine was frozen, Jo kindly gave me another beer.

• Visited March 2014
Blainville, Canada
“LOOVE THE CHICKEN !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Chicken was so so so good ! Best chicken I ever had - you HAVE to taste it! The sides are also very good and we had an amazing service by Dany ! Thank you!

• Visited January 2014
British Columbia
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Awesome service, yummy chicken. Location is a little dusty but the food makes up for it. Nothing fancy but they make really good chicken. Pricing is average Santa Teresa price - about $8 usd for a meal.

• Visited January 2014