“Great Rentals, great staff”
Review of Kina Surf Shop

Kina Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf shop. Offering high-quality new, used and rental surfboards and bodyboards. The only official JS surfboard dealer in Santa Teresa. We carry a wide variety of women's surf bikinis and beachwear from DKoko, RipCurl, Billabong and RVCA. Large selection of surf equipment and accessories including Futures fins, Dakine and Creatures of Leisure leashes and traction. We also have many different sunblocks for you to protect yourself from the tropical sun, choose from Aloe Gator, Verta, RAW Elements, Capuchino, and Waterman's. Stop in and get geared up for your surf trip!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Rentals, great staff”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Don't know where to start... found Kinas staff, owners, board selection, price, etc.. to be amazing. About the only thing i found is that it is a bit too far away from where i stayed.
They have Rusty, AI and more. Only thing,, i think if you are looking for a performance board.. bring your fins, i think most of what they have are FCS, bring your fins and put them in the boards... that is about the only complaint i would say i have... some boards have plastic fins and your travelling all the way down there to surf great waves and the board can sometimes be loose or track a different line than your trying to take based on the fins. Just my 2 cents...
awesome place, awesome people, awesome experience, no hassle easiest to rent from.. so cool

Visited February 2013

Golden, British Columbia, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good service”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

i went to many surf places in costa rica this fall they had the nicest service that I found. Somes places try to get up to 500$ in deposit on your credit card. This surfshop had a good system if your have put some damage on the board and you will not be charge unreal amount of money for a small ding on a board.

NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“superb customer service by Carolyn”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I went in to look at surf bikinis and rash guard choices since my ribs were bruising up despite using the rash guard I had. I walked out with the best surf bikini (made locally) and a rash guard that Carolyn loaned to me - free. She didn't sell it to me, didn't rent it to me, she let me borrow it. Who does that? Also, she exudes a kind and calm energy that's contagious. Thanks Carolyn!

Best,

Stephanie

Visited September 2012
Marina, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive product”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I know they gotta make a living, but their trucker hats ( pretty low quality) were $20. All their boards were the same if not more than they are priced in the states ($600+)... Down the road at Denga I saw boards for $350. Kina is a cute little shop but expect to pay the same if not more than in the states on everything..

Visited July 2012
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great surf shop”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We rented boards from the shop and they were great about exchanging boards for different conditions. This made my husband very happy! Everyone at the shop was super nice and gave us good recommendations on other surf spots to check out.

Visited June 2012