“Great SUP trip down the river and out into the ocean”

Costa Rica Surf & SUP
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer surf lessons, stand up paddle boarding tours, and multi-day clinics in the Santa Teresa area. Our highly-trained staff ensures safety and excitement as you discover the wonders of Costa Rica. Ideal for individuals, friends, and families. Our scenic pueblo of started out as a remote fishing village. It is known for its long beaches, warm Pacific ocean, friendly locals, and relaxed atmosphere. We have been here since 2001. We are proud of our surfing roots and wish to share our passion and the pure vida spirit.
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

It was my mom's first time ever on a SUP and my first time on a SUP in the ocean. I feel so bad that I can't remember our guides name, but he was so nice and made us feel at ease. My mom was really nervous and she ended up having a great time. We went down the river to get a feel for things and then went out into the ocean to watch the sunset. It was a great experience! Thanks

CostaRicaSurfAndSUP, Owner at Costa Rica Surf & SUP, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for us here and CRSS. We really appreciate it.
Don't feel bad about not remembering my name, I'm better with faces myself. It's Nick by the way ;)
I'm happy that you and your mother both enjoyed the tour. Mom is a brave one!
I hope to see you both here some time soon.

There are newer reviews for Costa Rica Surf & SUP

Reviewed 29 March 2014

our group of 6 did the sunset sup tour on our last night in
Santa Teresa and It was one of our favorite things we did all week! Nick and Jimmy were great guides and fun to hang with. This is definitely a must if you like sunsets!
We will be back for sure.
surfs up!

CostaRicaSurfAndSUP, Owner at Costa Rica Surf & SUP, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hey guys,
Thanks for the awesome review!
Looking forward to the next time.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

These dudes were amazing! They're so helpful and knowledgeable it blew my mind. The owner Nick is super chill, and if you want anything to do with surfing or paddle boarding he'll set you up.
The head surf instructor Jimmy is an ocean certified lifeguard who speaks fluent English. He's been surfing most of his life and he is an excellent teacher. He is super patient and knowledgeable, and I guarantee he will have you standing up on a board and riding a wave, even if it's your first time in the ocean, let alone on a surf board. I had one lesson and have been able to transfer the skills I learned with him into riding some pretty sweet waves all by myself, down the pacific coast.
Definitely the coolest/best surf business in Santa Teresa, if not the whole country. Basically if you visit Costa Rica, plan a trip to Santa Teresa and make sure you go see them!

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We loved having you here and hope to see you again real soon.

Life is better when you surf! Never stop!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I took lessons last week with Nic and couldn't be happier. We were absolute beginners yet Nic was patient and had great tips for both of us even at our different levels. In fact, we came back after lunch to get a board and try on our own for while. They are located at a great location on the beach as well. We will be back and bringing friends!

CostaRicaSurfAndSUP, Owner at Costa Rica Surf & SUP, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Hey! Thanks for the great review! You guys were awesome. I really appreciated your positive energy, great to be around. You guys did really well and made my job easy! Can't wait to see you guys again and meet your friends!!
Pura vida!!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Surf lessons can be many things, but we could lump them all into 2 categories for the sake of argument.

1: A professional surf instructor will give you specific skill points and critical instruction in order to teach you what you need to know to improve.

2: A vacation instructor is cheering you on and kind of sort of showing you how to surf. "What am I doing wrong", in this case, since it will have to be asked, will be answered with something along the lines of: "Great job bro!!" or, "You go girl!"

Our experience at CS&S was option 2. Maybe a good option if you just want someone to cheer you on in the water, but a waste of money for someone who actually wants to improve in this deeply complex but amazing sport.

CostaRicaSurfAndSUP, Owner at Costa Rica Surf & SUP, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Hey Jimmy,
I'm sorry you had such a poor experience with us here. I understand your frustrations. If you could help me remember when you were here, that would be awesome. I've been going through the books and I haven't been able to find you anywhere. I'm guessing you probably came to take lessons with the previous owners.
I agree that just getting pushed into waves and being cheered on is not worth the money. Professionalism and quality instruction is something we pride ourselves on around here. If you are ever in the area again, please feel free to stop by and meet me and the crew. I would love to meet you and would be happy to help you out with some surf lessons myself. If you would rather take a board out and try it on your own, then there is a free board rental here with your name on it.
Thank you for your feedback, and I hope to see you around these parts some time soon.
Nick