“All around fantastic!”

Hostel Seven7 Casa Del Gingi
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Way more than I was expecting - this place has all you need. Such a short walk to the beach, and the best restaurants! Place was clean with beautiful lush courtyard in front with hammocks set up. Gingi was always around to help us find everything we were looking for in town and also gave us private surf lessons. All our neighbors were super friendly and we will definitely be recommending to friends :)

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Jacq-raw-

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I spent more then two weeks at hostel 7 (casa de gingi).
the place is clean, there are rooms with ac and private shower and for the traveler who travel
by the budget they have dorm rooms (also with AC).
there is a kitchen (fully equipped) for the use of all the guests.
I must say that the kitchen was very clean (unlike one review I read here) and there is a cleaning lady that cleans it more than once a day.

if you are a traveler that wants to sleep in a private house outside the hostel, you should talk to gingi (the owner and manger of the hostel), he will be happy to help and take you to see some places.

other than that, I took some surfing lessons with gingi that where really helpful and got me surfing in no time.

important! this is the only hostel that I've seen in all of Costa Rica that has a guard every night, it gave me a very secure feeling while I was in the hostel or out in the village.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Hostel7 was the first hostel I stayed at while in Costa Rica, and I had such a great time that I came back two weeks later with friends (who also loved it). Great vibes and location right next to the beach and sweet surf spots, close to grocery store and restaurants, and a quick bike ride to Mal Pais where you can score some amazing fresh fish (or even catch it yourself). Bikes for rent, pool table and basketball hoop are fun, hammocks are relaxing, rooms are nice, and the owner and staff are super friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. I met so many cool people and had such a good time here, would love to go back again! ¡Mil gracias por todo, y nos vemos!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Hostel 7 was great, laid back, great kitchen with everything you need in it, hammocks,a pool table, surf rental nearby, option of surf lessons, right by a grocery store (with liquor) and staff were really knowledgeable about surf spots, restaurants and all the rest you'll need to know. The place has a lot of character to it too. I read a few reviews that complained about the bathrooms not being clean but they were fine. I travel alone and I met a lot of fun people there.
There is a quiet hour that starts at 11 which is good for surfers or travelers wanting to wake up early. For those of you who want to party longer, the beach is close!
A few downsides: although the rooms have locks, there are no lockers if you are staying a dorm with people you don't know, and there are fans but no air conditioning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Juli K
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Hostel seven its a great place for those who would like to learn surfing, do surfing and be in a good clean place with a pretty nice ambient.
Good for the people working here thwy are all really nice a servicial

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

After bouncing around town, looking for long term rentals, a friend told us to go by Hostel Seven 7 Casa Del Gingi. We were not looking to stay at a hostel, although it was a nice set-up with hammocks, a pool table, and excellent wifi. It was very close to the grocery store and walking distance to the beach. Gingi was awesome! He took us around and showed us some great options, and after staying at the hostel for 2 nights, he put us in a house! We are so grateful!

Room Tip: Everyone speaks great english!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

we came to the hostel for one week and decided to stay another week. moved on to Jaco and understood that we miss what we had in Santa Teresa so we came back until the end of the vacation.
Maximo and Asi (and Gingi who we met in the last week) who worked there lived according the saying "pura vide" and created very calm atmosphere. the place built in very social structure that make every bode feel comfortable to come and meet the other travelers but still you have private spots.
the population of travelers who comes to the hostel are mostly surfers and very high quality people. we met there people that we definitely call friends.
The beaches and the waves are amazing but of course I can tell whole pages about that!
two last things:
1. be carful in the beaches and don't bring things that expensive or important to you cus there are a lot (!!!) thief there. like in the whole south and central America.
2. if you don't know haw to surf- do(!) take a surf lesson from Maximo! he is great!
love you hostel seven!!!