“Best hotel in all of Costa Rica”
Review of Florblanca Resort

Florblanca Resort
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed 26 May 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Florblanca Resort just a week ago... The entire resort, adjacent beach, pools, restaurant, spa, rooms, etc were fantastic. Our concierge, Cindy, was one of the nicest people I have ever met. The food at their restaurant was by far the best I've had in Costa Rica. They have an actual chef who cares about the food, not just a cook. We stayed in the Surf House, which was right on the beach. You could hear the waves crashing all night. You can't really swim in the ocean right in front of the hotel, as the rip currents are strong and it's rocky, but just a 2 minute walk down the beach will get you to a good swimming beach. This place was the ultimate in relaxation. Oh, and the yoga instructor was fantastic (yoga is complimentary with your stay). Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Surf House!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CalStyle

Reviewed 23 May 2011

From the moment you arrive at the Tambor airport (?!), Hotel Florblanca provides you with the most extraordinary Costa Rican experience. When you exit your lux and fascinating ride from Tambor, you belong to Florblanca. From that very second you forget who you were before Florblanca, you can only seem to concentrate on the kindness and the pampering from the staff who you think you've surely known all your life, the food, the drink, the flowers on your bed, the monkeys in your trees, the drink in your hand, and the art on your plate. The beach feels like your own private paradise, you can walk for hours before you realize the time . . . I've never been so relaxed, carefree, and happy as I was at Florblanca. The staff is truly amazing (all of them, absolutely every one), they catered to our every whim (OMG, the Bambu Spa is breathtakingly blissful!), and yet hardly seemed to be there until you needed them--they floated in and out of your dreamy world so effortlessly and carefully, they are just so respectful of your privacy and needs--and yet they let us laugh and hang out with them at breakfast, lunch, cocktail hour, and dinner. It was like finding a new, happy family!

And speaking of needs, we lived for our next indulgence be it a smoothie or sushi or cocktail or, most essentially, any of Chef Spencer's extraordinarily innovative and provocative dinners (by candle light, by the beach, by the pool, in the dojo, in your villa)--we were always wanting more of everything, all day long (and yet, I didn't gain an ounce after more than a week of such mindless satiation!)!!

I miss Florblanca each and every day now, I fear I'll never fully recover . . . until I can return.

Thanks to Cody, Spencer, Christian and their astounding crew. We'll never forget you.

2  Thank pecoskate
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Florblanca is everything it claims to be and much more. We just returned from a week there and because of the amazing experience I feel compelled to write a review so others who may be planning a trip to the beautiful west coast of Costa Rica will stay at this lovely resort. For me, Florblanca is the absolute ultimate luxury of privacy and service. The staff, the people who run the place and make it all work, are so dedicated to making Florblanca the best Costa Rlca has to offer. The service is impeccable without being pretentious and our private villa was beautiful with the very best turn-down service I've ever experienced in a resort. When we came home after an evening at the restaurant, fresh flowers were placed on our bed and candles were glowing everywhere. Also, the location of Florblanca is stunning. We were just a stone's throw from the beach, a breath- taking view from our open-air living room, and when we walked to the ocean we felt as though we were the only two people on earth. We were greeted every morning with the sound of monkeys above us in the trees before we headed to the pool and the most incredible breakfast imaginable. And that brings me to the food–––The food at Florblanca is just mind blowing. Chef Spencer is a true rock star in the kitchen. He is the real deal with a culinary history that includes working with Thomas Keller at per se in New York. His credentials are obvious when his beautiful dishes arrive at the table. And, he's really a nice guy whose skill as a chef is matched only by his enthusiasm for his craft. The food he prepares is fresh with the menu changing everyday according to what is available from his local sources. Everything he touches is of the finest quality and his approach to cooking is pure and honest. Everything we had was exceptional but the fish tasted like it just left the sea, which of course it did, and the presentations were works of art without being affected. I could go on and on about this place and I must say I can't wait to return. I'm hoping to try Florblanca in the low season because I can imagine how wonderful it would be to lie in the hammock, in a villa with a good book, listening to the rain on the roof, and wondering what the catch of the day will be. Or perhaps, spend an hour or two at the world class spa. And did I mention yoga? OK, that's enough, needless to say we had a wonderful time. All I can say is GO. The people, the location, the feeling–––just the best. Thank you.

Room Tip: Any villa, they are all beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank surfsup00
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We are still talking about the restful, wonderful time we had at Florblanca. Our villa was beautiful and the staff was amazing. The chef, Spencer, made each evening a gourmet experience. Bambu Spa was so peaceful and the treatments were so relaxing. Thank you, Cody, for making our time at Florblanca so special.

1  Thank pingram47
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Cody and her staff are wonderful. They are there if you need them but out of the way at the same time.Chef Spencer is unbelievable. This is world class food and the freshest seafood on the planet prepared to perfection!

Room Tip: All rooms are good but Villa #1 is the best!
1  Thank caingram
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We just returned from Costa Rica and were lucky enough to stay at Florblanca. We stayed in the surf house as we were with our 3 teenage children. If you're ok with a laid back, casual place to sleep and hang out, then this is the place for you! Very affordable and the hotel is awesome. The service was great, the staff friendly and helpful, the food was delicious, and the spa treatments were very good. We would absolutely go back to Florblanca!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank betty1407
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We had our son's wedding at Florblanca - 35 people flew down to stay the week and enjoy Florblanca and experience the west coast of Costa Rica. Seldom are expectations ever met, let alone exceeded, but the staff and setting of Florblanca far exceeded our expectations. The meals were superb with more than generous portions. The service was impeccable and the staff treated us like family. The staff arranged for our off premise activities with no snags or flaws whatsoever. The wedding was at sunset on the beach and one of the most memorable weddings I have experienced. I would highly recommend Florblanca to anyone having a destination wedding or any event. I couldn't thank the staff enough. I will definitely be back again.

3  Thank tgoodwin1
#1 of 18 in Montezuma
Casa MarBella
Casa MarBella
#1 of 27 in Santa Teresa

Been to Florblanca Resort? Share your experiences!