“A dream come true wedding and honeymoon....”

and 1 more site!
The Red Palm Villas
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Irvine, California, United States
“A dream come true wedding and honeymoon....”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We searched for weeks in hopes to find the perfect place to have our wedding and honeymoon and we were so beyond happy with our choice. Red Palm Villas is hands down the BEST place to stay in Santa Teresa regardless whether you are there to surf or need a family getaway or having a wedding / honeymoon. They exceeded ALL of our expectations and everything could not have been more perfect. When planning a wedding, things could get a little stress full especially when you are having your wedding in another country, but everything was smooth sailing from the very beginning. They take customer service to a whole nother lever. They took care of everything from setting up our beautiful ceremony on the beach to our private dinner on the sand to all of our excursions and arranging all of our dinners. Every single suggestion they had was amazing, from the places to go site see, to activities to their lunch and dinner suggestions. I honestly cannot say enough about this place. We felt like we were staying with family, everyone at Red Palm Villas was very sweet and sooo accommodating. The beach is absolutely breath taking, and the food in Santa Teresa is amazing... I had some of the best dishes of my life. Not only did we fall in love with Santa Teresa we fell in love with Red Palm Villas and we are certain we will be visiting them again soon. If you are looking for a place to stay, there is nowhere like Red Palm Villas... you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsDennison1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I did an exhaustive amount of working trying to find the ideal place to stay in Santa Teresa and after staying at Red Palm (Honeymoon Suite) and being in town I can say this is the best place to stay in Santa Teresa. My wife and I and two children (6 and 9) were in town for a wedding and had a blast. The people working at Red Palm were very nice and accommodating.The package included surf lessons and a guided nature walk (the guys at Olingo were great). The beach is beautiful and what blew us away was how great the cuisine was in Santa Teresa. They keep things quite simple and fruits and fish were extraordinary. Breakfast next door (included) at Milerepa was very good (although a little slow but no worries). Red Palm is on the north (quiet) side of town.. near Florblanca and some others. Seems like this is where all the higher end places to stay. You definitely need an ATV or car to get around. we had two ATV's and the kids had an absolute blast riding with us. The only issue to be aware of is that it is VERY dusty on the roads.. they water some of them down but it was dry season and the roads are not paved. There are a number of markets any many good restaurants. Our favorite was Brisas Del Mar and I would recommend also going to a local Costa Rican "soda" to try traditional Costa Rican cuisine which is quite good. Santa Teresa has more of a American/European vibe than traditional costa rican town as they are drawn to the fantastic surfing and beaches. I recommend you DO NOT drive to the Nicoya pensinsula as the roads are super sketchy. Best was to go is fly Sansa (which owned by a big airline) to Tambor and get a taxi (or have someone pick you up) and drive you to Santa Teresa

Back to the honeymoon suite it was well appointed especially when you think you literally are so far away from a major city, they had a huge quasi outdoor shower, the main bedroom is air conditioned and quiet. If you sleep upstairs it is much louder (jungle noises birds etc) but the ocean waves drowns some of that sound away. Interestingly, we were adopted by the two red palms dogs (Cisco and ?) and they would follow us around to lunch and breakfast and they were very sweet with my children (and even better they barked at anyone they strayed into red palms. On that note we felt very safe there I think the main thing to worry about is petty theft of small items when you are out on the beach but again we felt very safe and secure at Red Palm (which frankly was a concern for me before arriving).

I also recommend heading up to Playa Hermosa (about a 5-10 minute drive).. beautiful huge beach with generally mellower waves. The surf lessons and nature tour were great, Red Palm was great, and Costa Rica in general blew us and our kids away with all the potential activities, great food or just an opportunity to chillax on the beach! Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
USA
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The Red Palm Villas is surely the best honeymoon location. My husband and I visited the place last January, 2 days after our marriage in New Jersey, and spent 10 days in the hotel. Well, it was honestly a gift from my husband. He had experienced visiting Costa Rica before, thus, he wanted me to experience how breathtaking the place is. At first, I was quite having second thoughts because I have never heard about Costa Rica's beauty. We even had a fight as I really wanted to visit Europe. He told me that I will surely love the place as soon as we arrive, and yes, indeed, because when I checked out the picture by visiting their site and trip advisor before booking, I was already fascinated and became excited about the trip. I am not really into nature, but when I saw how God created this paradise, I definitely looked forward to the trip.
It was indeed a fun experience as they have provided us various activities such as horseback riding, snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing and some trips in the nearby forests. We even spent a day on the spa and had a relaxing massage. I love each meal as they served us fresh seafoods (yummm!) I can say that The Red Palm Villas value their clients well which is why they always ensure that everyone will enjoy the place... And honestly, I fell in love with this great hotel. I hope we could revisit the place once again, and be able to receive the best services they have given us. I hope they could maintain the place as it is really splendid!
Definitely, all the other guests left honest reviews. I would certainly suggest this hotel to my relatives and friends who would like to have a relaxing vacation. Thank you The Red Palm Villas for such a wonderful experience. I hope you will continue providing the 5-star services we have experienced.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Adventure, beauty, romance, and did I say adventure? We saw the pictures online... they don’t give credit where credit is due! This resort is BEAUTIFUL!!! The service was AMAZING!!! The gardens are lush. The wildlife is abundant. Our villa on the beach... SPECTACULAR!!! The staff is very friendly and helpful and Lucrecia and Josefina are very good at what they do, customer service. It was a huge convenience having someone always available and close-by who could provide excursions and rentals. We are a family of 5 (3 kids under 12) and somehow still found time for one night a romantic dinner just the two of us and a walk back home down a star lit beach. There was more than enough here to entertain everyone. We were very close to all the other beaches and multiple shopping areas. We would stay here again! Santa Teresa is a secluded, very natural and beautiful beach, all of which made our stay even better. Our kids want to go right back, we’re planning August, thanks everyone at Red Palm Villas - Pura Vida!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Holt, Michigan
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We stayed at the Red Palm Villas the last week of August for six nights of our honeymoon. The resort is the best in the area for several obvious reasons. My wife and I found the staff very professional and pleasant from check in to departure. They were able to answer all our questions and handled the booking of several excursions we enjoyed while on there. The bar and restaurant next to the resort was one of the best we found all week. The accommodations were also very nice. The kitchen of the Harmony Villa was large and with stove/oven and most important the blender for frozen drinks. Rooms were modern and very clean. The Red Palm Villas has by far the most beautiful beach in the area, (this is where the locals take their families). Only beach in the area which is cleaned twice every day by their staff. Natural reef located 30 yards off the beach is a must for shallow water snorkelers and tide pool seekers. We recommend this resort to families and couples, it has something for everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed 15 January 2013

This was our 3rd time to Costa Rica in search of waves, but this time, unlike the other two where we stayed in modest cabins and rented a 4x4 jeep and spent part of the day in chase of the best waves in zone, it finds us as older (the three of us between 33 and 35 years old) and more demanding people! we have our wives and children so we not only want to surf in front of our hotel, but also to eat great food and rest in a comfortable place too!
We found all this features in the Red Palm Villas where the staff was very pleasant and helpful! just wake up and look at the waves in front of the suite! eat awesome food and rest with the monkey families living on the trees.
We also had wifi and air conditioner which enabled us to comfortably use our laptops to keep our families updated and spend some minutes answering work emails...
Very secure hotel located in a beautiful place. Waves? every day. Very constant. The place also has a variety of waves, from beginners to advanced (suck rock, in front of the suites).
To resume, it is an excellent destination that combines everything you demand!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Federico12081979
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We travelled to Santa Teresa with my brother and a friend last September, not sure what to expect from a place called "Mal País"! Even though we had been to Costa Rica a few times before, we had never been to this area.
We decided to stay at Red Palm Villas because of its location: right in front of Suck Rock which we had been told is an excellent surfing point.
It was no lie: we had big, consistent waves almost every day we stayed there. No crowds, friendly people.
And the villas are all you can ask for after a long surfing day: installations are beautiful and personnel treated us really good.
Hope we can make it again this year!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends