What a fantastic place. Stayed at the Milarepa (next door) for two nights, but honestly, needed a/c. Walked over to the Villas and inquired as to the walk-in rate. Total bargain at $250 a night for the honeymoon villa -- note this is a very special rate only given IF it's unbooked and you must book it on the spot.
The grounds are wonderful. Fantastic trees and plants and wildlife. Yes, and monkeys, monkeys, monkeys.
The honeymoon villa is far separated from the other villa. Wonderful privacy. Downstairs outside is a large patio with two fans. Perfect for evenings and hanging out. Forty yards to the beach (where there are plentiful hammocks and chairs to relax in). Downstairs is a large a/c bedroom with windows on all three sides and private (but one can see in the room at night with the lights on). Wonderful recessed lighting throughout the building. Wood beams all over, a safe and plenty of storage room. Did i mention the a/c that cranked, plus the overhead fan? Across the hall is a magnificent bathroom with two sinks and a huge shower with walls at the perfect height so you can see out easily, but people can't see below your neck. I loved taking a shower while watching people surf.
Up the steep stairs (gorgeous wood) is the upstairs dining, relaxing area with a second bed area (which can be made private through the use of lovely curtains). Windows all around which can be tipped up and open or down. During a rainstorm, it got a bit wet inside, but that was part of the charm with the windows down. Kitchen island (not sure if the stove worked) with enough cook stuff for a few people for a few days. Stocked fridge with drinks, candy and the inevitabe Pringles, but all at good prices. Wonderful views from upstairs out.
The best parts of Red Palm Villas:
1) On the beach
3) Free snorkels and fins
4) The most beautiful wooden structures
5) On-site staff to help you with your needs
6) The wood (bears repeating)
7) 10 minute drive from Playa Hermosa -- gorgeous beach for miles with nobody around.
Do not hesitate to go.
Be forewarned though, mosquitos abound in Costa Rica, at least in June. And, there are bugs of all sorts in CR, even in your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private Beach - Dramatic Views - Luxury Villas Steps From The Water Fully Staffed for honeymoons, weddings, family and couple vacations. 3 restaurants and a spa 1-3 minutes walk on the beach. Swim, surf, boogie board, snorkel, horseback riding directly in front. Offering complete elopement & wedding packages and services. Voted Top 10 Resorts in Costa Rica to get married at. Call Toll Free 888 405 0201 ans let us help you reserve a spot with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your The Red Palm Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Palm Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- The Red Palm Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa