The Red Palm Villas
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
US$221
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Santa Teresa(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$84
Very Good 4/5
US$96
US$93
Good 3.5/5
US$234
Great 4.5/5
Atrapasuenos Dreamcatcher Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
US$77
Great 4.5/5
Beach Break Surf Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
US$45
Very Good 4/5
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
US$679
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
US$118
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
Surf Vista Villas(Santa Teresa)
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
All reviewshummingbird villahoneymoon villadeluxe garden suitecosta ricaair conditionedbeautiful beachwedding plannerlow tideevery eveningpineapplebeautiful placeyoga instructorocean frontperfect spotrent an atvmikemonkeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2010

My husband and I just returned home to Atlanta this past Sunday night from spending 8 days at Red Palm Villas on Santa Teresa Beach. What an amazing experience! We chose Red Palm Villas as the place for our "weddingmoon". We wanted somewhere private, somewhat secluded and beautiful, and Red Palms delivered all of this! The staff, Lucrecia in particular, was outstanding coordinating and handling all the details of our wedding ceremony. She really went the extra mile to make everything so special and beautiful for us. We had a private chef prepare dinner for us in our villa the night of our wedding ceremony, and the food was absolutely delicious! Throughout our time there, we took many walks along the beautiful beach, drove our ATV down by Playa Hermosa and to Montezuma - both had breathtaking views of beach, rainforest, and the wildlife. We spent time relaxing inside of our beautiful Honeymoon Villa, listening to the sound of the waves and the birds around us. There are also 3 dogs who live at Red Palm Villas. These dogs were so sweet and were wonderful companions for us during our stay. We hold a very special place in our hearts for Red Palm Villas and their staff. The staff were readily available and very helpful with anything we needed. They made our wedding and honeymoon an unforgettable experience. We hope to return again for our anniversary.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Red Palm Villas was one of the most unique and beautiful places we've ever stayed. We felt like we were living in a treehouse in the Humming Bird Villa--albeit an extremely beautiful, comfortable and exceptional treehouse with the soothing sound of thundering waves and the fabulous beach just steps away. It is the ideal location if you're looking for privacy, seclusion and just some rest and relaxation surrounded by your own tropical paradise. The grounds are well cared for as there seemed to always be someone working hard to make them fabulous looking , and every once in a while you may spot a monkey high up in the trees. The staff is excellent and accommodating and will do everything to make your stay an unforgettable one including arranging all of your excursions, i.e. canopy tours, surf lessons, atv or bike rental, restaurants, etc. Hope to go back someday..

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I have been coming to Red Palm Villas for a couple years and am in love w this place. I come every year and simply cant wait to go back.
Last time I came, I came w my mom and my brother. We got to relax and spent quality time together and we have such great memories of this magical place.
I have been fortunate enough to stay in both the beach front villas. I really can't say which one I love most. The hummingbird villa is all made out of wood with such detailed work and the stained glass on the doors and wooden molinillo post are like nothing I've ever seen before. For sure I'm the queen of the jungle here! The view and the sounds of the ocean and crickets and howler monkey is WOW... not to mention you can see the squirls and the iguanas play on the trees right infront of you!
Ok so the honeymoon villa is a bit bigger and if you like a more modern look rather than rustic and a bit more space,this is the place for you. I recomend this place for familys. There is a big patio outside for your big meals and sharing w your loved ones. The bedroom down stairs is big, comfortable and surrounded by windows and there is ac. The bathroom is huge! Double sink and the huge mosaic of a wave is undescribable! I heard it took around 4 months to make. Its open so you can also see the waves as you shower. The second floor is all open w a view all around. There is a bed here to, don't worry there are curtains for privacy. So when I stay here this is where I sleep, I call it ...the Princess bed. I'll fight anyone to sleep here. I love to experience the real thing .... sunrise, the ocean the howler monkeys, the birds singing in the morning. I want it when I'm here. If you perfer no bugs and quiet then the ac bedroom would be for you. I guess its like a loft you could say, the kitchen is open and large, for cooking familys. For me, I just wake w a big smile on my face and get my coffee and sit out in front,enjoy the scenery, the wind in my face. Oh and later on you absolutely have to be free to watch the sunset, w the pink and reds and oranges.. its just breathtaking!!
The decorating in the homes from the colors chosen to the curtains and throws and ceramics and the beautiful fresh birds of paradise and ginger flowers is just all so well thought of. The architecture..The wood work..Everything is handmade w such detailed work. When I look at it, all I think is of the love Mike has put into it to make it so perfect and unique. It just had to be made w love and passion for it to turn out this way. Its perfect.The land is beautiful and clean and well kept, with chairs outside for you to sit in and hammocks also.
Red palm villas crew is amazing always so attentive when u need anything. Everyone is just wonderful! They will help u anything from information of the best restaurants, to any tour, to transportation. There is soo much you could do here.
All I could say is I really can't wait to go back next year and thank you for making my stay so wonderful and memorable! I guess the only down fall about coming here is the broken heart you deal w when its time to go...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank evita25mia
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Red Palm was absolutely stunning! The resort manager was exteremly knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The staff was very attentive and thorough. The grounds were amazing. We stayed in the deluxe luxury suite and we fell in love with every inch. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful. Everything in the kitchen and living room was designed perfectly. We really wanted to stay there permanently. The grounds are very secluded and full of bright flowers and beautiful tropical plants, making it very romantic and private for strolling. The beach is beautiful and perfect for swimming and laying out in the sun. Big, comfortable hammocks are everywhere, providing a perfect afternoon nap spot. We very highly recommend Red Palm as the absolute best place to stay in Santa Teresa.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We arrived with a family of 13 and met two more people on site; it all was arranged by the great staff of the Red Palms. The property is like paradise, so much so that all of my nieces want to have their weddings there. It is the most beautiful vacation I ever took. We were amazed at how beautiful and clean the rooms were.. The honeymoon villa was so special and the upstairs was so private and solitude. All the bedrooms were designed with the most gorgeous colors and the flowers only show the beauty of the country. Nothing was left out. .The bathroom in the large house was one of my favorite rooms, what a gorgeous mosaic wall! Throughout our stay we kept very busy... doing activities such as surf lessons, horse back riding (from the beach to the mountains), riding ATV's, and went day trips to local cities. We went zip lining, hiking, swimming, relaxed in the tide pools and the hammocks. We traveled to other resorts and could not find one that even compared to the red palms. We needed laundry done while we were here and it was returned the same day. What a great staff, they made our trip a wonderful experience. In the evenings our large group gathered at the large house ate together and enjoyed each others company. Any need we had was fulfilled by the staff. We visited multiple times, but our most memorable trip was when we brought the entire family. The teens needed to get back to nature and get away from computers which, in the end they loved. We will continue to visit and recommend The Red Palms Villas to all of our family and friends. 5 stars all the way

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family