“Best hostel by far!!”

Sitting Bull Hostel
“Best hostel by far!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Not because of the super clean environment, chill atmosphere, and free daily breakfast /coffee. The staff is what makes Sitting Bull truly unique. It also dosent hurt that it is located across the road from the beach. I would recommend this hostel the anyone looking to visit Santa Teresa.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Spent almost two weeks here, everyone working there was super friendly, the place is new and clean and 5 mins from the beach! Defiantly staying at the Sitting Bull next time I'm down in Costa Rica! PURA VIDAAAA

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I couldn't have asked for more! Even with the clean rooms, AC, professional business, and chill atmosphere, the incredible staff is what makes the stay here so special. Amazingly helpful, fun, inspiring, laid back, and down to earth. I have no reservations about recommending this place!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Since the moment I get into the reception the welcome warm was great! I was so excited to visit the hostel as I was told it is one of the 15 things to do in Santa Teresa and yes they were so right!
My all experience here has been amazing! I love the Sitting Bull way of living! Always friendly, chilling! The staff are idea! They will always be there for you, wiling to assist you with a huge smile that makes your day even better! I love the breakfast, fresh fruits all day and free coffee! Great Surf lessons and 24hours service!! Wohoo! the is customer service! My room was so nice and clean! I found my little paradise with you guys! Made great friends, learnt a lot and definatly will always be my spot in Santa Teresa!
Love it! Symply as you make us feel great, be part of the team, you even encourage us to give you suggestions and be part of everything! Keep doing a great job! You guys rock and will always recommend it to all my travellers friends!
Pura Vida! A cachete!

Room Tip: Number 202 is wonderful! Is a mini studio with a beautiful balcony and the bed is amazinggggggggggg...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Santa teresa is one of the coolest places in Costa Rica, a small town with amazing nature and beautiful beaches.The hostel is right in front of a beach with great waves and prety much every sunset was amazing! Next to it there is a supermarket, so its very handy to get groseries.
The staff is really friendly and made me few like i was at home! The rooms are nice and clean and there is a really cool area where we used to hang out cooking listening to music, playing guitar etc. Really worth experience

• Stayed May 2014
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed in the Sitting Bull hostel for 3 days. I must say: it may not be the fanciest in terms of look but it is definitely managed by an awesome crew who make you feel comfortable the entire time.
It is really close to banana beach so no problem to carry the surf boards back and forth... :-)
I really loved staying in this hostel. it was clean, welcoming and very friendly and I was almost heart-broken to move on to the next Costa rica stop!

Only downside: the kitchen could be positioned better and bigger.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The most comfortable place to stay, just one block from the beach! I love this place and I recommend to anyone who appreciate AC, good bed, clean apts, clean kitchen, internet and included breakfast. Enjoy the best sunsets of Central America!!!

Room Tip: If you can, stay in the apartments on the second and third floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo