“Never again....for sure”

Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Never again....for sure”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel upon arrival in Santa Teresa. The place looked nice overall but the vibe of the place was off. The people next door to us were very loud and in the middle of the night a fight broke out in front of the hotel that ended with someone throwing glass bottles toward our balcony. We never felt safe there. We only stayed one night and ran away the next day. Overall Santa Teresa wasn't for us. To much aggression, noise and overrated surfer/hippies. The worst of our stay in Costa Rica.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chabela m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I like the beach break a lot, in the possitive side, their price was great for 2 nights ($100: room with air conditioner, cable, hot water), No towel to take to the beach but the guy was nice enough to give me one when I asked him. PLUS: Internet was excellent in the room. sometimes hard to find in the area hotels. Mini fridge was very handy!
Sadly as a photographer I have expensive equipment with me when I travel around the country to do destination wedding photography. The room has no safe and the door knob is like any bedroom's door knob! Anyone that knows how to pick a lock would be able to open it. I went to the beach before going to work and stayed for like 40 minutes because I was too nervous about my camera gear and laptop in my room. Santa Teresa is getting a little more dangerous and I heard a few scary stories from the townspeople so that got me even more nervous.... Another thing I missed was the shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom, I never travel with it because I assume the hotel will provide... but hey, no biggie.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
ny
Reviewed 15 February 2011

a standard hotel. the water flow and all was fine. and the AC worked fine too. The front desk was very helpful in helping us find the best surf instructor. would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 January 2011

stayed 3 weeks at this hotel and loved it! its a very good price for what you get. has clean rooms with cleaning every day, a safetyguy who guards at night and helpful staff. try to get a room with the balcony fronting the shared area and the ranch with less dust. there are some parties there as well as a very loud roaster and monkeys so bring earplugs if you get disturbed easily..

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
San José
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I just came back from the most amazing trip at Beach Break Santa Teresa. I was there for a week with 20 friends, celebrating new year's eve. We had always wanted to go to Santa Teresa, and after doing some research and being almost scammed by a nearby hotel (read my other reviews), we landed on Beach Break, an incredibly convenient and welcoming place.

As we were a large group, we booked 6 rooms and the management located us in the cabinas away from the other rooms, so were as loud as we wanted and never bothered the neighbors. The staff was always helpful and willing to give the best advise on places to eat, shop and party. The cleaning ladies would even fold the towels in fun shapes, which is a nonessential, but a nice gesture nonetheless.

The rooms were fully equipped with hot water, AC, a fridge, a propane stove, basic cable tv, dvd player and even wifi. There was a little problem with our stove, so we contacted the staff and they replaced it with a new one within minutes. The cleaning crew came once a day and took care of our mess.

The beach itself exceeded my expectations, there was no trash in the sand and according to my friends that surf, the waves were great. The nightlife was incredible and the people were all friendly.

I strongly recommend Santa Teresa for people who enjoy a beautiful scenery, relaxation, meeting fun people and spending quality time with family and friends. I also recommend Beach Break for it's convenient location, comfortable and affordable rooms and for it's amazing service.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2010

My friend and I were only going to be in Santa Teresa for a couple of days so we wanted to stay somewhere that was convenient, affordable and above all else clean...and we found just that and more at Beach Break Hotel. A modest hotel, close to the beach, Beach Break was a great chill place to stay - clean room with a balcony, A/C, TV/DVD player (which we didn't actually need but was nice to have the option) and very friendly staff. I liked it so much in fact will be staying there again when I head to CR this winter.
So if you're looking for a place to stay when booking your next surfing trip I would for sure consider Beach Break...you really can't go wrong.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
toronto
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Unfortunately, we were suppose to stay there for 7 nights, but we only ended up staying for one night as there were 15 locals partying in the room next to us. Apart from that, it was poorly laid out and we joked that we felt that we were in a jail cell. Inside and outside felt very "un-costa rican" like as we couldn't relax because of the vibe that was being let off at Beach Break. The location was good and the air conditioning was cold, but apart from that, I would never return. There is many other places in Santa Teresa that are easily better than this place, and a fraction of the cost. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends