Latitude 10 is a great place - not actually a hotel, but more of a private resort with 5 separate little houses, and a big house with a lounge/dining area.
The bungalows are nicely decorated and are almost "lost" in the jungle - you hardly see other people. This is very unique, especially given the fact that most of the hotels in Santa Teresa seemed quite crowded. If you have any phobias (insects, etc.), I would not advise going there, as there are no glass windows in the house - you are basically living in the jungle! This was very exciting, but a bit hard for us (especially because everything gets quite damp, including bed sheets, so at the end it is not very comfortable). Other drawback - since you are in an "open" house, the light attracts all the insects at night - so no reading, no TV (there is no TV actually), you have dinner at 6:30PM-7PM and then go to bed. Lighting is very poor in the room, but if you do want to read, they have little reading lamps. The open bathroom was amazing (a family of monkeys was in the trees above our bathroom almost every morning).
The cook is amazing - we ended up eating there almost every time except one, and everything we tasted (lunch and dinner) was way better than almost any meal we had in Costa Rica.
Latitude 10 is managed by a firm specialized in ecological management. They only use local products (amazing shower gel, shampoo, etc.).
We would highly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed yet classy atmosphere. Latitude 10 is part of the Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels and Lodges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa