I visited Latitude 10 to write some text for the website - but wow, what an amazing property. I did not have a typical guest experience but I feel compelled to write a review because it was such an incredible hidden gem.
We pulled up to the wooden gate and then I was taken to my bungalow. There are no windows, locks, a/c or anything. It was incredible calming and peaceful. I really felt like I was in Costa Rica and having a special experience. I spent a lot of time in the clubhouse, which all 5 bungalows are privately circled around. The view of the ocean is gorgeous and the sunsets in the evenings were lovely. The pool is chemical free and you could sit in it all day watching the waves if you desired.
The best part of this property was the utter seclusion. It would be fantastic spot for a honeymoon or romantic retreat. Kids would also enjoy exploring the area and I felt safe. The breakfasts in the morning were delicious and I enjoy cooking so I walked into town and bought groceries. You could arrange a private chef (particularly in the high season) which sounds appealing. If you enjoy cooking, the kitchen is gorgeous and looks out over the sea. Definitely a high point of my stay.
Check out the photos on the website to start to understand what this hotel is all about. It is one of the most interesting places I have ever visited!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed yet classy atmosphere. Latitude 10 is part of the Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels and Lodges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa