“Absolutely Breathtaking!”

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely Breathtaking!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I can't say enough great things about our experience at Horizon.....Gali and Yoav were absolutely amazing, kind, helpful and went above and beyond at every turn. The rooms were immaculate, the view was breathtaking, the location perfect, we could walk everywhere. The staff were very nice and always around to help out when needed. The yoga classes were diverse and fantastic with a yoga tree house that rested on top of the world with a view that would rival anything in Costa Rica. We will go back without a doubt and I would recommend Horizon to all of my friends!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jen J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hebrew first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Hola! Santa Teresa is beautiful & horizon yoga hotel is nothing short of perfection. We stayed in the ocean view cabin #1 and thought it was perfect. The owners Yoav and Gali are also very kind and helpful. As soon as you arrive, you acknowledge their warmth and genuine desire to make sure you are getting the stay you would like. The staff was also very helpful , and yoga was outstanding. The view from the yoga deck was by far my favorite place I've practiced yet. Just imagine Meditation with ocean sounds , birds chirping, and random howler monkeys calling...what's not to love!?! We ate breakfast twice at the tea room and both times impressed with the quality and detail of the food. I can't wait to go back :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great little tree house apartment with pool. We loved out apartment which consisted of a kitchen with all modern amenities 2 bathrooms a bedroom and 2 balconies all for $130! The staff were so nice and helpful especially when our car got stuck after some rain! Great relaxed atmosphere would recommend it to anyone wanted a relaxed clean place to stay in santa Teresa however it is up a bit of a hill so be prepared!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BritishTourist88
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had a great stay at Horizon Ocean view. The place is magical, with lots of privacy in spite of confined quarters. Yoav was great at providing advice on best surfing spots, and we wish we would have stayed longer than two nights.
Best to take the ferry to Santa Teresa than try driving through the peninsula, as the roads are rough and driving takes longer than can be expected.
Santa Teresa was our favorite spot in Costa Rica, and this hotel a great place to stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in May of this year to kick off our honeymoon and it really couldn't have been a better stay! Even though we were travelling during the rainy season it didn't put any kind of damper on our experience.
The yoga studio located on the premises is the most beautiful studio I have ever seen. The two instructors that we had were both so great and knowledgeable and you can't really beat setting your gaze to the ocean while you hear the sounds around you. It was really one of the best 2 sessions I've ever had.
The breakfast that they offer in the hotel was PHENOMENAL. Each day we tried something new and each meal was just as amazing as the others.
The owners are incredibly kind and welcoming people and helped arrange a surfing class for us even after we had changed cities.
The cabin room is small but cozy, unfortunately we had a full day of rain one day but they had 100s of DVDs to borrow and so we spent the day listening to the rain, napping and watching some movies.
We would both recommend this hotel to everyone. Thank you Horizon for kicking off our wonderful stay in your amazing country. xo

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I just spent four nights here. The place is beautiful and the owners are very friendly. Each morning we practiced yoga in their yoga space over looking the ocean. Our cabin was beautiful too, with nice little touches, including a small kitchen, ocean view balcony including a breakfast table and chairs as well as a hammock.....they've thought to offer so many lovely little things, like a fan on the balcony, because it gets really hot there and an umbrella for when it's close to rainy season.

1 Thank caroline k
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was in Costa Rica for one month and Horizon was my favourite accommodation of the whole trip. I stayed in room 3 and everything was perfect for me. I loved the view, the balcony, the room/bed and also having a small kitchen to prepare my breakfast and supper. The bathroom and shower were also perfect. I loved getting up in the morning after a good nights sleep to such a beautiful view.

I don't practice yoga and so didn't go to the classes however I was allowed to use their magical practice space for my tai chi and 5 rhythms practice when it wasn't in use for classes and I enjoyed this immensely.

Horizon is near to the shops and good surfing and being by myself I felt connected to the nearby neighbourhood.

I felt looked after while I was there and would definitely go back given the chance.

Room Tip: Room 3 is perfect.