The basics: I stayed in a cute, clean studio room with a comfortable bed, clean water system (you can drink from the sink, no problem). I had a mini fridge, a safe, and a little basket for laundry. There was no closet, but a simple bar with hangers for clothes and a couple of hooks (totally sufficient). One thing that I had to think about was throwing the toilet paper in a separate provided garbage can- guess it helps a probably older or more rural pipe system? I loved my private deck with table, chairs and a hammock- played Bananagrams and lounged in the hammock overlooking the ocean and trees. Outside I had a cold shower for cleaning off after trips to the beach, and they've a small 'tranquility pool' with a fabulous view...Vegetarian Tea House was clean, with awesome options, and the Yoga Deck is awesome! Beautiful view with mats and props provided. I didn't want to travel with my laptop & there's a computer in the reception/tea house for guest use...the reception closes at 5pm. Let's see, what else...the walls are a bit thin, so if you are in a cabina next to a loud talking couple, you'll hear them, but this wasn't too bothersome.
To extend and share...
I am so grateful the universe brought me to Horizon for what was a relaxing, clarifying cleanse vacation. The owners, Yoav and Gali, did a wonderful job creating a great yoga/detox program for me, and made me feel welcome & safe on my first ever vacation/travels abroad alone! I enjoyed talking with them, really enjoyed the yoga classes (I am a dancer and teacher myself- they were all great teachers)- my vacation package included guided meditations, and the holistic center/spa they work with has a fantastic staff- Dr. Teo, Annie & Jessica took wonderful care of me, and the spa was so lovely. Through staying at Horizon, I was able to do just as I'd hoped, which was to relax, find more focus and space in my head and body to prepare me to go back to New York City and start up with an intense work schedule...the perfect place for me. For that and so much more, I am grateful.
You will find a generosity and open spirit with the staff at Horizon, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay for relaxation and rejuvenation. Morning or sunset yoga classes offered (overlooking the lush green trees and the ocean), the lovely beach is a quick walk down the hill, there are cute spots to eat (the Horizon Tea House has delicious food and natural beverage selections (The fresh herbal tea, Shakshuka and Power Shakes are awesome!), and Pasta Basta down the hill is a wonderful choice as well for those who eat meat or want a large variety of options). I enjoyed the peace & quiet, went into town for some evening entertainment down the road, met locals and travels who came just for the yoga...do yourself a favor and book your relaxing vacation at the Horizon Hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon ocean view hotel and yoga center. Our cabins and villas are fully equipped luxury units. Located on a hill side just above the center of town, only 5 minutes walk from the white sands of the amazing Santa Teresa beach, with its famous surfing points. We have three different pools dipping in wild tropical gardens, tea house & fresh vegetarian kitchen. The panoramic ocean view yoga deck is located at the highest point of the hotel. We parctice yoga daily as well as Pilates, and offer various types of massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa