“Very good place, we really enjoined”

Katana Asian Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 94 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The idea of "Katana" is simply to create the best experience and emotions by trying to touch hearts and souls of our customers. Daily routine is always in pursuit of excellence. "Katana" was inspired by many Asian cultures and trying to transform Asian food into our vision.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A new great asian restaurant in the middle of Santa Teresa. Visited the restaurant twice on our short stay, great atmosphere and music.
We really enjoyed our dinner, my wife and I ordered a papaya salad, dim sum, spring rolls, white fish sashimi, and creme brulee. All food was fresh and very tasty. Will deffinetly come back on our next visit in Santa.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went to Kantana after our trip to the beach and wanted something different. We ordered two sushi rolls and chicken pad thai and few drinks which made the bill to 30000 colon .. So about $65 in US with tip. I want to praise asian cuisine but this was mediocre and not high standard enough for that kind of money. The only thing I regret about my trip was coming here to dine cause I left still hungry...

2  Thank Ktran309
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We ate here in one of our last nights in Costa Rica. The tuna sashimi and Kantara roll was fantastic. The fish was fresh . The deserts were delicious, especially the crime brûlée .

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We came to Katana a week ago and traveled around CR. On our journeys we talked about our best food experiences in this country. Katana definitely topped our list. We made our way back to Santa Teresa with their beef sashimi on our mind. We got it again and were not disappointed. We also had the garlic chicken fried rice, and the coconut tapioca dessert. Along with the great food, our server was also very nice and good. Our meal started with their salted plantain chips, that my gf could not get enough of. When our main dishes came out, I was impressed with the presentation and the plates they use. The flavor of each dish matched how well it was plated. Katana is a bit more spendy than some other places, but you get what you pay for. Katana is a great change of flavor from your typical CR dishes and I would definitely recommend this place. I will probably go back again before we leave.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We went here on our second night in town. Our first night we were delighted with the service and food at Brisas de Mar so thought this place couldn't possibly be as good. Wrong! It was fantastic! Clean, excellent food and service, and beautiful ambiance! Only here for a week but these two places will be our go-to restaurants! The Grouper sashimi will be something I dream about back in the States.