With so many great places in the world to explore, it's tough to find a spot so compelling that we will continue to return to year after year, especially when the location presents an arduous trek. However when the destination is so sublime, the long expedition becomes a combination adventure/pilgrimage to return and restore your connections with an incredibly special place and people.
Brad and Tara have created the perfect atmosphere for enjoying the best of Santa Teresa and Costa Rica. With their handful of guest villas on stunning stretch of Playa Hermosa, the atmosphere feels much more akin to that of extended family than "resort". We've never stayed in the very cute "Honeymoon Villa", situated beachfront, but haven't felt as if we had any lessening of our experience by staying in one of the poolside villas. Each of the poolside villas offers an identical layout of 2 generous sized bedrooms with 2 large baths, spacious living/family room, kitchen and dining area. The construction is new, the plumbing and air conditioning work beautifully and we've made frequent use of the kitchen to make meals, keep snacks and cocktails as a supplement to the very good local cuisine. The gas grill and outdoor kitchen by the pool is also a excellent place to feast on the best of the local fare, as you grill up fish under the stars.
Speaking of food, Christy's breakfasts are not to be missed. There's no better way to start your day (after surfing dawn patrol) than local organic eggs, fresh fruit and waffles washed down with Costa Rican coffee. Another bonus to their location is that Koji's (the best sushi Resturant on the Nicoia peninsula) and Pranamar (fantastic yoga and solid cuisine) are within easy walks of Villas Hermosa.
Last but not least, Brad stocks a a very nice quiver of boards suitable for surfers of various skill levels and surf conditions for the sweet local break just down the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa