We spent a week in March at Villas Hermosas. What a wonderful place. Many thanks to Tara and Brad for making our stay one of the best vacations we have ever had. We had the opportunity to stay in both a two bedroom villa and the honeymoon suite during our trip. Both villas were impeccable, there were fresh flowers to great you and all the amenities of home. A full kitchen should you prefer to make you own meals. The pool area and Rancho were inviting with lots of room to spread out and lounge. With only four villas there was lots of space for everyone to hang out by the pool and get to know each other. Thank you to our fellow guests also for making our time so enjoyable. We rented a car and picked it up in Tambor. A car is definitely a help if you want to travel around the area. Tara or Brad can call you a taxi should you prefer not to drive.
The roads were as advertised... a little challenging and dusty, but it was all part of the adventure of being in such a unspoiled area of Costa Rica. The locals were friendly and put up with our lack of the command of Spanish. Thank you to Percy, the local guide, who took us and on a walking tour of Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve. We had a hiccup on our flight back from Tambor to San Jose. The air strip was closed the day we departed. No problem..... as Tara swung into action and got us a driver to take us all the way to our hotel in San Jose. We got to see the beautiful countryside and travel on the ferry off the peninsula.
I wish they could keep Villas Hermosas frozen in time until our next visit, but I know it will get harder to book since it is such a diamond of a property. Brad and Tara are the best hosts we have ever come across on our travels around the world. Until the next time..... Thank you for a unforgettable stay at Villas Hermosas.
Paul & Jan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa