My wife Paula and I spent five glorious days and nights at Villas Hermosas just before Christmas last year. We last stayed there seven years ago and in that time the carefully tended gardens have evolved into a thing of beauty and pleasure populated with interesting flora and fauna including the extremely interesting and definitely prehistoric "Jesus Lizard" so named for its ability to walk on water. Every day Pelicans fly in line astern sweeping down over the surf in their constant hunt for food, a wonderful sight to behold.
Brad and Tara are excellent hosts and the quiet two bedroomed two bathroom secluded villas are beautifully appointed in the North American-style with air conditioning throughout, real value for money. Whilst the beach is only a matter of approximately 75m away there is a beautiful swimming pool and waterfall with a smaller pool for toddlers.
Thank you so much Brad and Tara for your hospitality and generosity. We had a truly wonderful time.
As Gen MacArthur and, indeed, Arnold Schwarzenegger once said, "I'll be back" but of course I meant "we".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa