My boyfriend and I stayed at Villas Hermosas this past summer. It is easily the most unique place I've ever vacationed. Of course, the setting is beautiful, the villas are immaculate and the service is impecable. Yes, it really is as wonderful (or better) than the website suggests! What makes Villas Hermosas special, though, is the people who own it. Upon arrival at this incredible small resort, one instantaneously becomes family. Many people have mentioned in their reviews how wonderful Brad and Tara are, but even all of the rave reviews don't quite do them justice. Villas Hermosas truly was a labor of love for this family, and you can feel it in every aspect of the grounds. They have cultivated this paradise from their own hearts and minds so that travelers can experience Mal Pais the way it should be experienced.
A couple of words of advice... rent a car. Breakfast is served at the villas daily, but there's no restaurant on the property. Taxis are hard to come by and can be expensive. If you have a car, though, some of the most divine food is a 5 minute drive from Villas Hermosas! Take Tara's restaurant recommendations and you'll have meals that easily stand up to the best cuisine you've tasted anywhere. Renting a car will also give you easy access to all of the attractions surrounding Mal Pais. Again, take Tara's advice on where to go and what to see... she'll also happily book anything for you!
So book it. Definitely. It's beyond worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa