My husband and I have been to Villas Hermosas twice, and loved both our stays. (7 nights the first time, 8 nights the second time) The resort features clean, well-maintained bungalows, delicious breakfasts, a clean pool, a lovely bamboo forest to stroll through, delightful howler monkeys, relaxing hammocks on the porches, and the most friendly and helpful hosts you will ever meet anywhere. The resort is a short walking distance to my favourite beach in the world (and I have seen quite a few). Also, a short stroll in the other direction, at low tide, leads to an interesting tidepool perfect for an hour of snorkelling or basking in the warm water. There are so many things that we love about Villas Hermosas but the main ones that will keep us coming back are: the utter lack of hustle and bustle, falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean, star-gazing at night (incredibly clear!), the beautiful sunsets a few steps away from our bungalow, and the wonderful hosts. Although Villas Hermosas doesn't have a restaurant on site, this provides the opportunity to experience the excellent variety of restaurants in town. We never had a bad meal once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa