This review is long overdue-- My boyfriend and I stayed here in February for 4 nights and it was a fantastic time! Stephanie and Jim are great people that try to accommodate all your needs. They let us check-in the first night around 1am because of some travel issues that we had.
The hotel itself is beautiful. I would definitely recommend, if you have the funds, to splurge on a room with a balcony/kitchenette-- that’s what we plan on doing the next time! We stayed in one of the standard rooms, which was really pretty- love the furniture. The view from the hotel is spectacular! The pool and outdoor shower are wonderful amenities, especially when you get back from the beach all sandy. Please take advantage of the restaurant next door, too- Las Brisas. The food is delicious and fairly inexpensive, and the view of the sunset is awesome.
The only hiccup we faced during our stay was the shower’s water temperature. I don’t consider myself high maintenance. I’m pretty well traveled and don’t demand too much, but throughout out our stay we couldn’t moderate the water temperature to the shower. It was either scolding hot or ice cold. It was frustrating because we wanted to take comfortable showers when coming back from the beach. Stephanie and Jim did take a look-- they said this has been an ongoing issue that they hope to fix in the near future. This wouldn’t prevent me from staying here again, but do think it’s important to note.
Overall, Casa Marbella is a wonderful place to stay. It’s near the beach, Jim and Stephanie rock, and the hotel is beautiful. We can’t wait to go back!!
M & J
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa