“Amazing boutique hotel!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Whistler, Canada
“Amazing boutique hotel!!”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Where to begin!!!! My mom and I stayed in a 2 bedroom at Casa Marbella at the the end of November. Our room was amazing. Everything you could ask for. Clean, comfortable, spatious and beautiful and how could you not fall in love with the amazing ocean views. Every night we sat on our deck watching the beautiful sunsets. Jim and Stephanie were incredible. My mom and I both did Stephanie's yoga class and I took a surf lesson with Jim both of which were incredible and relaxing. They provided reccommendations for the "best of" in Santa Teresa were spot on with every activity that we did on our trip. They helped book each adventure and checked in after to see how much fun we had. Sailing and zip lining were some of our favorites.Every nights our bellies were content with the amazing restaurant reccomendations they provided ( Brisas Del Mar being my favorite).Jim and Stephanie were the utmost best hosts we have ever had and created that " amazing " experience for us. I've been to costa rica several times but never have I had an experience like the one I just had.
Both my mom and I are raving to all of our friends and family about our trip and we hope others get to experience a trip like ours. Perfect from start to finish. Thank you for an amazing stay Casa Marbella. By far the best value and experience you will ever get!!!!! We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Casa Marbella, Jim and Stephanie are the best of the best.
When in Santa Teresa as a couple, we would stay nowhere else.
Rooms with Kitchens save tons of cash, the extra room cost for sure, over the expensive ST rest, scene.
See ya'll again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, two with no kitchen and 1 bed. Two with kitchen and one bed. two with kitchen a...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Casa Marbella from the 17-25th of November, right at the beginning of the "dry" season. We stayed in the standard room with a kitchenette, which was perfect for our needs. The room and bathroom were perfectly clean when we arrived, and they housekeeping made the bed and tidied up the room daily.

There's not enough that can be said about the owners, Jim and Stephanie. They are incredibly nice and helpful, and ensure that your stay is as enjoyable as possible. They will organize all of your tours with transportation to and from, and Casa Marbella offers surfing lessons and yoga lessons as well as massage on site. We can vouch for the surf lessons with Jim which were a blast and also very helpful, but we did not do the yoga. However, those we talked to who did do yoga with Stephanie said it was excellent.

The hotel offers an infinity pool with a spectacular view. There is plenty of lounge seating as well in the pool area.

Santa Teresa is a great little town. There is not much for clubs/nightlife, but the local food options are fantastic. The people were all so friendly, and there were convenience stores that carried everything we needed. The beaches right next to the town are perfect for surfers and swimmers alike. There is also a restaurant (hence the restaurant 5-star review) that Casa Marbella provides a private entrance to right next door. I can't speak highly enough of the food and the view.

You cannot go wrong with this hotel and the area, in my opinion. So far it is the only place I have travelled to where I said I would come back again some day. Hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Casa Marbella was a great place to stay! It's well located in Santa Teresa with everything you need within easy walking distance like: many very good restaurants (the food in that town was amazing), a variety of surf/souvenir shops and, of course, the sandy beach. With a special note about the Brisas Del Mar restaurant, just steps away from the hotel: it was incredible! You simply couldn't go wrong - from breakfast to dinner, the food was delicious and the service was wonderful.
For me, one of the "stand-out" features of this little hotel was it's owners, Jim and Stephanie, who were very hospitable, friendly and knowledgeable and made my visit feel more like home than staying in a hotel.
Loved it and will definitely go back some day.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
NSB, FL
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I absolutely love everything about Casa Marbella. The location is ideal for what ever your needs may be. The owners, Stephanie and Jim are great people and do a wonderful job at being laid back and very professional at the same time. The pace is slow in Mal Pais, but Stephanie and Jim will make sure you have what ever you need when you need it. I have been to Costa Rica three times, this was my first time in the Mal Pais area. It was certainly my favorite trip I have had yet, and that has just as much to do with the town Mal Pais/Santa Teresa as it does with Casa Marbella.

5 stars in the restaurant category is for the restaurant next door, ten steps from your room to the staircase for Brisas Del Mar. Their food would stand up to any good food in the SF Bay Area. We went our 2nd night in town and said that we would "mix it up and try as many places as possible"...we ended up going there 4 nights and at least 4 mornings that we were there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I just did my first yoga retreat at Casa Marbella, it was the second time i've stayed with them and the first time i hosted my retreat with them. The service all around was excellent. Stephanie and Jim the owners went out of their way to assist me and my group - from coordinating activities, making my guest feel as though it was their second home, providing top notch surf instruction, and a beautiful deck with stunning views to practice yoga on, I know i've found my home for my retreats. I'd recommend anyone staying in the area to choose Casa Marbella as the place to stay. Great food at Brisas Del Mar, the restaurant just steps away and offers great discounts for breakfast for the guests.

Room Tip: The 3 bedrooms units are great for families or groups of friends, but all rooms are great - if you a...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I was very pleased with the service of Casa Marbella. We stayed there for six nights for our honeymoon. This was the first trip to central America and we were a little nervous about it. The folks at Casa Marbella were very helpful and made us feel very at home. The views from the rooms were amazing. We stayed in room #1 with was a 2 bedroom with a kitchen. We came during the end of the rainy season. There were 2 days where it rained all day, the rest of the time it would rain at night or early in the morning. The down side was there were not too many things open. The plus side was that it was so quiet which is exactly what we needed after the three ring circus that was our wedding. Towards the end of the week many places began to open up, which was nice. The pool was great place to relax and cool down. The views from the property are so beautiful they look like they should be on a postcard. If you get a chance bring a pair of binoculars, we were able to see some pretty amazing birds and iguanas sunning themselves in the trees. It made for a memorable honeymoon. I hope someday we will be able to make it back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple