Our experience with Casa MarBella was outstanding from start to finish. We rented the three bedroom condo and a two bedroom suite, which served us well as home base for our weeklong six person surfing excursion. The rooms are large and comfortable and we found them to be clean and well maintained. The bathrooms are large and the showers have great water pressure and plenty of hot water. The housekeeper did a nice job straightening up the rooms each day and she replaced the towels and linens several times during our seven night stay. The views from the hotel are beautiful, especially from the infinity pool, and the pool deck is the perfect place to relax and socialize after hours in the surf. Also, we found Stephanie and Jim to be customer service oriented innkeepers. Stephanie arranged our taxi service to/from Tambor airport, assisted in changing one of our Sansa flights, made several reservations for us at the extraordinary restaurant just up the hill from the hotel, and arranged for on-site massages on the pergola. Jim gave three of us a two hour surfing lesson at a very reasonable rate, provided very helpful guidance about surfing at Playa Carmen, arranged for delivery of ATVs to the hotel, and provided excellent restaurant recommendations. Other than residing on a very steep hill, the hotel could not be better located. In addition to being a short distance from the beach, it sits above the center of town where there are several surf shops, restaurants, grocery stores and an ATM. We were pleasantly surprised by how good the food was in Santa Teresa – even the local sports bar, Good Vibrations, had good food, cold beer and the NFL playoff games. As with any surfing community, the atmosphere was laid back and very casual. Many of the hotels appear to cater to the backpacker crowd; thus, Casa MarBella seems to be one of the few adult options in Santa Teresa. We highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa