The hotel is pristine, and the owners (Jim & Stephanie) are great! We were driving through the northwest region of Costa Rica for a couple weeks on our honeymoon in the beginning of November, and we are so blessed to have spent our last 4 nights at Casa Marbella. The hotel is not right on the sand, but there are multiple options for beach access at the bottom of the hill, right across the street. You definitely want to have a car if you are going to be staying in Santa Teresa, because if you aren't exploring on a daily basis, you are missing out on a lot!
Next door (with private entrance from the hotel) is Las Brisas, which is by far the best place to eat in the area! The chef writes a new menu daily on a chalkboard and uses the best, freshest local ingredients to wow you on a daily basis. Oh yes, and it is also the best sunset view in the area, located on a platform atop a hill. Sipping down a tasty cocktail or glass of wine is a must at sunset even if you aren't eating there that night!
As for the Casa Marbella rooms, they are impeccable. We had a room with a little kitchen, king size comfy bed, and was super clean and stylish. You can probably find places in town for half the price, but for anything that is anywhere near the same quality of MarBella, be ready to pay a lot more.
The owners are a surfer and his wife, so they have a decent quiver of boards that you can rent by the day. They'll even tell you the right spots to paddle out at depending on the tides and swell direction. Due to the location, there seems to be swell pretty much every day! Seriously, head high is small for their standards, and it stays pretty clean all day long.
If you are on an adventure through Costa Rica, then this place is a must, but be careful because you probably won't want to leave ... Pura Vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa