My family stayed here for about a week and loved it. The room was great and the hotel was beautiful and comfortable. The staff were outstanding; Jim and Stephanie were extremely helpful with everything.
We stayed in one of the 3 bedroom suites, which included a large kitchen and a private ocean view balcony. It was very clear that a lot of attention had been paid to all of the details of the suite, including beautiful stone work. The kitchen was clean and well equipped. The rooms were large, clean, and very nice. The balcony had a table and chairs where we usually at meals, a couple adirondack chairs, and a hammock. The balcony was a great place to hang out and watch sunsets, as well as play games and eat meals.
Having the kitchen was great for both convenience and saving money. We ate all of our breakfasts at home, and many of our dinners and lunches. We went fishing on the second day of our trip and brought back enough Yellowfin Tuna to provide a few meals. Without the kitchen, we wouldn't have been able to cook up the tuna. There is a grocery store (Super Ronny's), that is right down the hill, so shopping is easy.
The location is great, right in the middle of "downtown" santa teresa. There are many restaurants and shops within close walking distance from the hotel. The beach is also about a 5 minute walk.
There is a great restaurant called Brisas del Mar, whcih is just up the hill from the hotel. There is a private staircase that leads up there, so you can easily walk up, rather than having to go down the hill and back up and around. The food was outstanding and quite reasonable for the quality. They also have some local microbrews from La Perra Hermosa Coastal Brewing, but you might have to ask for them as they didn't put them on the board. We went there twice and tried a few different seafood dishes and the beef tenderloin. Everything was outstanding and the portions were pretty sizeable and included a salad. The appetizers and desserts were also great. We always ate breakfast in our room, but I guess they also offer a discounted breakfast to people staying at Casa Marbella.
The pool is great, it's an infinite pool with a view of the ocean. It was always very clean and was a comfortable temperature. A shower is provided right next to the pool to rinse off. The pool gets some shade in the morning and late afternoon, which is really nice.
The hotel has an "Honor Bar" with water, soft drinks, and beer. The prices are only slightly more than at the grocery store, and you just take what you want and write down what you took next to your room number. This was really nice when we first arrived, because we felt like having some beers, but wanted to just relax and not go anywhere.
Each morning, they make great free coffee for guests. It's usually available all morning and often into the afternoon.
Jim and Stephanie were extremely helpful, as was their assistant Amelina. Stephanie helped out with setting up a shuttle from the ferry to the hotel, so that we didn't have to deal with finding a legitamite taxi ourselves. When we first arrived, we had gone through a rough travel day with a lot of issues and last minute changes, and arrived much later than we expected. Jim was there to greet us, and brought us right up to the room without worrying about checking in that night. He showed us around, and called in an order for pizza for us.
The staff helped us rent an ATV, and schedule the excursions we were interested in. They even called in dinner reservations for us. They were very knowledgeable and helpful, and were always around to assist. Jim rents surfboards right out of the office and has a selection of all different types and sizes. They also work with an ATV rental company that will bring the ATV right up to the hotel.
Overall our stay was great, and the atmosphere and service provided by Casa Marbella were a big part of it. We spent about half of our trip hanging out around the hotel and town, and really enjoyed the comfortable and helpful environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa