The two days spent this past week (third week in October 2013) at Coral Lodge with my family could not have been nicer. For starters, Dina, the current general manager, was incredibly outgoing and friendly as soon as we arrived after concluding an easy half hour boat ride to travel to Coral Lodge. Her accommodating approach continued throughout our entire stay. She is sincere, a great conversationalist and loves to talk to all the guests. The entire staff was exceptional in terms of being warm, easy to communicate with and went out of their way to make sure everyone in my group of seven individuals, including three young children, were having an excellent time. All five meals were delicious and served in an extremely reasonable amount of time, something that rarely occurs in Panama City!
My wife called the roughly six hour excursion we took to the San Blas islands on day two of our stay one of the best travel days of her life, and she has travelled around the world. To hear that kind of praise from a seasoned traveller speaks volumes about the high caliber of Coral Lodge. During that perfect day we swam in and out of an old ship wreck, stopped over for lunch at a peaceful small island inhabited by eight Kuna Indians, snorkled in pristine water while finding sand dollars and star fish, and spotted three dolphins on the boat ride back to Coral Lodge.
The only hitch during our stay was the fact the power went out during our second night and into our third day at the property, however that can happen in remote spots where just having power, not to mention wi-fi seems miraculous! The staff more than made up for this glitch beyond being sincerely apologetic, and they didn't have to do that. The bottom line is there is no reason to stress here.
It's good to come with a relaxed mindset since this is the epitome of a vacation spot where you can truly escape. I would recommend bringing adequate bug spray as the no see um bugs can be brutal as well as sun tan lotion to protect you from intense sunlight, otherwise you don't need much in terms of supplies and clothing while staying there. You can certainly pack lightly, and that's a good thing in my opinion.
For someone looking for a peaceful and gorgeous getaway while travelling to the Atlantic side of Panama, this is a spot seriously worth checking out.
I hope to return some day to see the terrific people we got to know during a short but highly enjoyable visit at Coral Lodge. It will be interesting to see how this spot develops in the next couple of years. I anticipate it will only grow in popularity as soon as word of mouth continues to spread about this topnotch vacation destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coral Lodge. A quintessential eco-adventure lodge set in a pristine natural habitat. An isolated totally sustainable lodge that offers a variety of nature related adventures and a place to get away from it all. You will enjoy a diversity of natural environments, our charming over the water bungalows, a friendly low key service and our proximity to San Blas archipelago with its beautiful unspoiled islands and cultural heritage of the Kuna Indians.Diving, Reef Fishing, Snorkeling, Hobie Cat Sailing, Trekking, Kayaking, Horseback riding and relax are the activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Coral Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Hotel Santa Isabel
- Coral Resort Santa Isabel
- Coral Lodge Panama/Santa Isabel