“Wonderful four nights in my "treehouse" room”
Review of Casa Di Pietra

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Valle de Anton
Casa Di Pietra
Panama Province, Panama
“Wonderful four nights in my "treehouse" room”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Luis, the owner, is a lovely man. He met us in the parking lot upon arrival, and Jose walked us up to our room. There is not an elevator so be warned, and the steps are interestingly fun to walk up but could prove difficult for some (only if you stay on third floor). Our room had a queen size bed along with a twin bed, and the balcony had two wonderful rocking chairs along with a table and two chairs. The beds have mosquito netting over them which we felt nestled under as we slept to the blowing winds of El Valle, the fan and the sounds of the birds and fireworks (there was a festival in town). Be forewarned that there aren't screens on the windows, and there isn't air conditioning. It reminded my husband of his summers staying with his grandparents when the nights were actually cool from the breezes and, yes, little bugs do come into the room. I have never stayed in a B&B room much less a hotel room without A/C and thoroughly enjoyed my room up in the trees. Luis would chat with us once we came back from our daily travels (in his house we would go to talk, and we met his friendly son), he provided us with delicious breakfasts (pancakes one morning and eggs the other), and we had a happy hour with the four other guests another night. The grounds are beautiful and lush, it is quiet and serene, and Luis made us feel at home. An exceptional place to stay when in El Valle.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AlliTC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Penonome, Panama
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is a wonderful and charming bed and breakfast at a fantastic value. The owner and his son were both very accomodating, and the rest of the staff was very friendly. I travelled with my boyfriend on public transportation, and was happy to find that their location is not a far walk from the main downtown and other attractions. The breakfast was wonderful, and the hotel is very private which was a plus for me. The interior of our room was romantic and roomy with windows all around, and we had a nice little balcony. The guest rooms come with a fan, which is all you really need to stay cool if you are in the room during the day. The bathroom has a hair dryer in it which was a pleasant surprise because I haven't seen many on my travels through Panama. There were so many little details that made this B&B such a charming place, like quaint sitting areas, a small pond in the backyard, and books to read in a common area; it was everything I had hoped for. You will be missing out if travel to El Valle and don't stay a few nights here!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julie C
Long Beach, Washington
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Charming accommodation in an architecturally unique guest house. Our second floor balcony overlooked the tropical landscape along a stream busy with bird life. Great location with easy access off the main road. Short walk to town, restaurants, and trails. Our host, Luis, invited us to a cocktail hour our first evening, where we enjoyed conversations with other guests. Breakfast was served in same room providing even more opportunity for lively discussions with fellow travelers.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nimeni
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I traveled to Panama for 6 days and only had our first night in the City booked. We knew we wanted to see Gamboa and also El Valle, so we booked this wonderful bed and breakfast based upon the excellent Tripadvisor reviews last minute. We were so lucky! Luis, the owner, was so helpful and made our stay so inviting. From a wonderful breakfast provided on the terrace to wine and music in the evenings in the wine cellar. Casa di Pietra is so welcoming and beautiful if we did not have jobs and children awaiting us we never would have left. Luis even made suggestions for dinner AND made our reservations. We did not have a car and it was a longer walk..no worries..he has his son drive us and pick us up.
This is by far a BEAUTIFUL place owned by a BEAUTIFUL person!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maria32772
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband I rented a car and drove to El Valle and fell in love with the town. We read trip advisor for a B & B and drove by this one and immediately fell in love with Casa Di Pietra and stayed the night. Wish it could have stayed more! Very charming and romantic. I was hesitant when I saw that it did not have air conditioning or screens in the windows but now I know why. The temperature in El Valle is very comfortable all year round and didn't need either one. The breakfast was awesome and we ordered dinner there and ate outside. I am not a birdwatcher but I can certainly understand why many people go there to birdwatch. It was the most beautiful thing to see outside your french doors in the morning. I would definetly recommend Casa Di Pietra.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bluegoldfan
El Valle de Anton, Panama
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The B&B is located in the center of the valley, close to restaurants and shops of the village.
Good and secure parking possibilities, but most of all, the house is decorated with very good taste and with eye for details. The furniture is genuine and most of it vintage and of high quality.
The rooms are utmost charming and with superb view of the surrounding nature.
Right now, we are digesting our fine and tastefull breakfast, before resuming our journey through Panama. Good value and experience for money.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter V
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I was looking for a place to stay at the last minute in el Valle - and I was so lucky to find a room at Casa de Pietra. What a pleasant surprise. The setting is gorgeous - from my window I could see a little river out one side and a garden out the other. The room was cozy, well organized. It was the perfect setting for reading and writing - quiet and tranquil. The breakfast surpassed all expectations - the bread was delicious, the fruit salad fresh and the main breakfast course had a tamale with eggs. Delicious. I found the perfect place to go for a weekend trip up to the mountains - will definitely return!

Room Tip: My room was like a writer's-garret....perfect, cozy, bright, breezy.