“Better than expected”

Minneapolis, MN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We just moved to El Valle and had been disappointed in most of the restaurants here in Panama so far. (We have been here since summer of 2013). You would order a chicken breast and you would have to pick out a rib cage, or you would find feathers still attached to your chicken, or the food was bland (seriously I have not tasted any good rice dishes here in Panama yet, that I haven't made myself). I know tastes are so varied and maybe many people like what is offered.

So I didn't come to Bruschetta with high expectations, but I LOVED it. Their vegetable soup sounded good so I ordered it. It came out and had onions and peppers in a clear broth. I wasn't impressed until I took a bite. YUM!! And the salad, I love the oil and vinegar dressing because then you know for sure it doesn't have MSG in it. They do put a little too much on, but you just drain the lettuce :)

And I had the chicken skewers. YUM. Some of the most tender chicken in Panama. (And I order chicken everywhere because it seems to be the safe choice). I went again within the same week and ordered the same thing. Yep, that is going to be my go-to restaurant when I want to eat something here :) Good service and great food. Friendly waitstaff.. Great job!

• Visited July 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Much better than I was expecting”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had lunch on the patio, which cost about $12 per person including a soft drink, shared bruschetta, and entree per person. We had a Caesar salad with prawns and the vegetable spaghetti, both of which were pretty good. Service is slow, which is normal in Panama, but that also serves as a reminder to relax and enjoy the meal, so we didn't mind.

• Visited June 2014
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Wide selection, reasonably priced”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Across the street from the Anton Valley Hotel this restaurant offers a wide range of options from local to Italian and pretty much everything in between with friendly service.

Visited May 2014
El Valle de Anton, Panama
“great service, big portions, yummy food”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a group of 5 and all ordered different items. The service was fast and friendly and the portions generous. I would definitely go back!

Visited June 2014
El Valle de Anton, Panama
“Great little Italian Place”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Love their Brushetta...love sitting outside enjoying the fresh air of El Valle and the activity of the people passing by on foot, bicycle or vehicle.

Visited May 2014