“Ty's is closed, permanently”
Review of Ty's Sports Grill - CLOSED

Ty's Sports Grill
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I live in El Valle, and am sorry to report that Ty's closed permanently this week.

The pizza was quite good (easily the best in El Valle), other dishes were a bit hit and miss.

I do not know Ty and Michelle's future plans.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We went on a Sunday afternoon and were brought menus and were asked for our order quickly enough. The one thing I wanted, they didn't have, so I settled for a chicken quesadilla. They brought out my friend's food and I waited 20 minutes for mine. Even asking at one point about it, figuring they had forgotten. Pretty unacceptable. The quality of the food was not worth a second trip.

I don't know what the story behind their monkey is, but I found it tasteless to be making money off of it for photos. We were asked to move our table back so the monkey wouldn't jump on us. I certainly frown upon keeping wild animals as pets but even more so making money off of them and tying them up in a restaurant on a concrete counter with nothing to even play on. I won't be back.

2  Thank hotrodgurl
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Got married in Panama and decided to go to town to shop. Stopped at Ty's for lunch and was not disappointed. Very friendly staff and owners. We were a large group so there was a bit of confusion with the order, but we were in no rush. The food was excellent. The plates were huge, considering the minimal cost. And the drinks were so tasty. Better than the resort!
Can't wait to go back and see Mona the monkey!
Thanks for the wonderful time!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had read the reviews and were really looking for what to trying out their pizza and seeing Mona the monkey. We got their today and were told Mona was "at home". OK, no biggie. Then we order, first we were told the only soft drink they had was Pepsi, so we opted for bottled water. Then a few minutes later our server came back and told us they were out of pizza. So no diet soda and no pizza. We said "no thanks" and left. I should mention that on every menus is a little narrative about the owners being in Panama since 2009, but now wanted to sell everything and sail the world by 2015. Good for them, everyone should pursue their dreams, but it seems they have lost interest in the restaurant. Ty's is a 25 minute drive from Highway 1, so you may want to call ahead to ensure they have what you want.

1  Thank Yossarrian
Reviewed 10 February 2014

After trawling around the few restaurants in the town we came back to Ty's. Food was very good, enjoyable and staff friendly.