“Just for Fun, Not for Spa”
Review of Los Pozos Termales

Los Pozos Termales
Reviewed 12 February 2012

If you go just for kicks, this place is great. But if you want a sanitary spa experience, don't go. We visited early on a weekday morning, arriving before the leaves were fished out of the large soaking pool. The water is only warm, not hot, and even though there are multiple pools, the water seems to be only one temperature in all. However, the volcanic mud masks made our faces smooth as silk, and once we had the nerve to enter the dubious soaking tub (after an attendant fished out the leaves) we relaxed and felt quite refreshed. There are separate pools for babies and children. We didn't have any young ones in our party, but absolutely would not have risked the possible sanitation issues with little people--especially babies!. It costs $2.25 per person and it's probably worth that just to talk in and see the place or have a picnic! My husband and I both thought it was fun.

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"hotsprings"
"arthritis"

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I went in some pozos thermal in costa rica...a while ago...and it was much more what I was expecting. They had 5-10 hot bath really on the top up to just a warm one in the bottom...This one is ok, I mean that it's not bad but if you saw other one in your life, you may be disappointed. For a first experience, it's ok. They had 2 bath...one for the feet and an other larger one that that was not an off warm for me to have a dip...The have some pot of mud that you can put in your face...When you will enter, on your right, they have 2 half sphere...I was wondering what it was until that I realize that it was a kind of phone that you can talk to watch other on a 30 feet distance. It was interesting. There are well organize, with some guide. It a king of attraction that it's good to see on a tour, I will not go there twice and if you are thinking to rent a cab from Playa Blanca to go see only that...change your plan...

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Really, just warm baths and not much mud involved but a nice way to while away an hour. Needs upgrading.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

There is no longer a mud bath, but a small bowl of clay which you are allowed to spead on your face only. You then have to let is dry while you lounge around and wash off before you head to the thermal spring pool. The pool is small and mirky and barely lukewarm. But on a hot day, it's still refreshing. There was little else to do here. We stayed about an hour and carried on.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 January 2012

If you are expecting a luxury spa, don't even bother paying the $2 admission fee and keep on driving. However, if you're up for a little fun go for it! We did the mud facials and laughed the whole time. Our faces did come out baby soft, so for $2 I think it was well worth it. We did not get in the pool with others - the water seemed a little sketchy to me. The little park is very pretty and you can take some great pictures. Even better if you can get a picture of your friends covered in mud. All in all, a laugh-a-minute hour as long as you're not expecting a spa experience.

3  Thank BHarris63