“Better than Chorro El Macho”
Review of The Maidens Falls

The Maidens Falls
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I care a lot about value, so I may be jaded since the day before I went to Chorro El Macho and felt like $5 for that waterfall was a waste of money. BUT, only paying a $1 entrance fee, and finding a beautiful space (yes, there is some trash) where people could swim and such definitely seemed worth it to me.

1  Thank Corrinek78
There are newer reviews for The Maidens Falls

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The falls are very small but are in an attractive gorge, a pleasant 20 minute walk from the parking. Note: There is a small entrance fee, and opens at 10AM. Saw Blue Morphos. My 6 year old took the walk in his stride.

1  Thank MomDadandBlueberry
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I guess very much alike the flood, there is only one way out for the sewer of the entire village, smelly place, swimming between white foam, empty bottles and sewer material, not for me. I walked to the furthest point, nothing much really to see. I guess el Valle de Anton is a nice area, for hikes I advice to go up the hills, but do not get to exited about seeing a waterfall when going to this spot.

2  Thank amsterdamFM
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This falls was way better- as an experience- than the El Macho. The entrance fee is smaller and you can swim in the cool waters of the stream here! Loved the hike, may be a little challenging for small children, but it was a good 20 min hike to see both waterfalls.

4  Thank ChandrasEve
Reviewed 16 February 2012

A lovely little walk, this is where the lake that once covered El Valle is said to have drained out from. Go in the later afternoon if you want it a little quieter. Panamanians spend the day picnicking and swimming here during the day, so if you want to socialize or people watch, go then! Be aware it closes at 5pm. We went at 4pm and there were a couple of kids swimming and we watched them jump from pretty high up into the pool. We were told it was over 40ft deep and therefore safe to do so.

2  Thank Carolyn R