“A trip to Paradise”
Review of Cariguana Spa

Cariguana Spa
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I recently visited Cariguana and after talking with the proprietors, I scheduled two treatments for the next day. I have massage quite often and found the services I received absolutely excellent. Beatrice, the masseuse,was wonderful. Although my Spanish is limited and her English limited, it did not effect the services. Everything and everyone were very professional, extremely clean, relaxing and friendly. I highly recommend Cariguana.

3  Thank DeborahCl

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband & I visited the spa during our stay in El Valle, it was his first trip ever to a spa. We booked time in the thermal pool & an hour massage each. We started in the pool, which was nice and relaxing, but smaller then I had expected, we were the only ones on the pool deck which was nice.

We were separated for our massages, mine was outside under the beautiful flowering vines and he was taken inside. I've had massages at various establishments and my best friend is a masseuse, and what I had at Cariguana was the weirdest one I've ever had. The male masseuse did more poking then needing, and spent too long on my bottom, with more poking, I spend the whole time trying not to laugh and hoping my husband was having a better 1st massage. Luckily he was, he said his was great, relaxing, and everything he thought a massage was supposed to be.

We didn't complain, my spanish is limited and the massages were less expensive then I would have paid at home.

2  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I had been traveling for ten days in Panama when we arrived in the Anton Valle. I have to admit that in our 60's the bumpy roads, hikes and numerous beds left us quite achy. We came upon Cariguana Spa and decided to check it out. The property is lovely and everything was manicured to perfection. We were looking for good massages and we found them. Panama value wise is not like a third world country. Prices are fair. However, both my husband and I felt like a million dollars afterwards, what's that worth? The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. A large menu of services as well as bike rentals. Definitely worth a visit while in the Valle.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
3  Thank FLBARB540
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This Wellness Center & Health Spa is located in a beautiful setting of El Valle de Anton. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. The facilities clean.

Dr. Collastra began this Health center as a result of his wellness practice of over 30 years. His specialty is GDV Energy Field Diagnosis, including Cellular Nutritional program, and monitoring stress levels. There are additional Spa services offered to assist with wellness.

Spa might be deceiving if you desire a full service spa or decide to compare your experience with spas around the world. This is a great location for a day trip, enjoy the services and pool, and dine locally for lunch. Bookings for Energy Field Diagnosis, etc., should be made in advance. Enjoy this mini-oasis!

1  Thank Wold
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had visited the spa during thanksgiving of 2012. I have been to various spa's all over the world including more expensive cities like Chicago and LA, as well as spas in cheaper countries like India and Thailand. Considering the fact that this spa is in Panama, I was expecting prices to be much lower. The prices offered here are at par with any upscale spa you will find in the US. However, its not the price that is the problem. Its the what you get! This spa is no where near in class to any US spa that would charge similar prices. In fact I have been to spas in India and Vietnam that charge a fraction of what they charge and have such higher standards.

The spa is located in a place called Cariguana, which is up in the mountains. The place is beautiful. The spa is housed in a posh bungalow. the surroundings are peaceful and beautiful, and in general going to Cariguana is worth it. The staff at the spa are also very nice, pleasant and helpful. However, for the price we paid, the massage was 'ok' at best. The dip in the mountain spring pool however was fun. In general, I was expecting to be visually stunned by the interiors, and i most certainly was not.

I would possibly rank this as a very average spa, something slightly better than what you get at a strip mall in the US. For what you pay, it is not worth it. However, the trip to the spa, and the township in general in gorgeous.

3  Thank Kaushik G
Cariguana Spa s, Gerente at Cariguana Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

We welcome your comments, but we would have liked recieve it almost a year ago when you came, taking into account that this is an opinion channel for travelers help.

We agree with you that the prices we have are different from Asia, North America and other continents, however, allowed us to make an inquiry about prices for services that you paid compared to the supply in the country of Panama .

Taking into account the services that you received, we can inform you that we maintain the rates because we consider competitive rates compared to other high class SPA in Panama:

Relaxing Massage 1 hour $ 51 USD
Body Scrub $ 42.50 USD

You bought a BioHealth package for $ 107 USD which included 1 hour Relaxing Massage, Body Scrub, thermal pool at 86 ° F. Then you added other services with other rates (facial and mask of Chromatic clays - 1h by $60 USD). Despite our affordable prices, from January 2013, the BioHealth package costs $ 100 USD.

In Panama Country, in others upmarket spa with professional services and treatments, a relaxing massage costs $ 70 USD or more.

The roundtrip transportation that we offer from Panama city-El Valle de Anton-Panama City costs $ 130 USD around 3 hours each way.

Prices for the same fate as some regular tourism companies offer in Panama are between $ 180 and 260 USD

Thank you for having recognized the good service you received and how nice the place, and we wanted to clarify that based on rates offered in the Country of Panama, our prices are competitive and affordable compared to other establishments of upmarket SPA within Panamanian territory.