“Repeat, repeat, repeat”

The Golden Frog Inn
Reviewed 15 April 2008

I live in Panama and the Golden Frog Inn is where I go repeatedly to alleviate stress. The grounds simply hug you, the rooms are impeccable as is the service. The owners are so very welcoming and knowledgable about the area and go out of their way to serve an eye appealing, delicious breakfast. I often go several times a month and it is a must stop for visiting friends and family. Never rated anywhere before, but this inn is just too good to pass up.

Stayed: April 2008

Reviewed 13 April 2008

We were travel-weary and decided to treat ourselves for a night. We ended up staying for 6 days! The town of El Valle has many hidden treasures, and the Golden Frog Inn is not only delightful, but an excellent value. The property is beautiful, the breakfasts were fun, creative, beautifully served, and most of all - delicious! The best part was the interesting people we met. Our fellow guests had many ideas and suggestions about what to see and do in the area. The owners, Becky and Larry, couldn't have been more helpful and friendly and fascinating. We are looking forward to returning to Panama - and especially to El Valle and the Golden Frog Inn!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2008

I am a frequent visitor to El Valle de Anton, Panama, and I am very impressed with the Golden Frog Inn. The combination of gorgeous surroundings, sweet rooms, beautiful sunsets from the terrace at happy hour, a great breakfast, super-friendly staff, and continually interesting guests make this place a real find in the world. I really would call this place paradise... and a difficult place to leave. I would definitely recommend spending more than one night in El Valle. It's a place like no other, and the Golden Frog is a perfect location to enjoy it all from.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2007

I've made numerous visits to the Golden Frog B&B. It's one of my favorite, if not the favorite, places to stay in El Valle. Becky and Larry, the owners, are delightful and helpful. The B&B is a former villa and the grounds are spectacular, as are the views. The rooms are clean and quiet, and well appointed. The whole place is geared toward quiet relaxation! And, the breakfast is delicious and plentiful. I have recommended this B&B to lots of people, and no one yet has been disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank PanamaGirl_42
Reviewed 8 August 2007

We are home now after almost 4 weeks of traveling Costa Rica and Panama.

We try to book with B&B's as much as possible.We were told about The Golden Frog Inn B & B in Panama by travelers we met along the way. They loved it, so we tried it!

It has been our most memorable B & B stay we can remember! We immediately felt right at home with the owners. The food was fabulous, our room was spotless, and beautiful. It was down by the pool with our own terrace and the most spectacular view of the cloud forest mountains-- right from my pillow!

The birds in El Valle are world famous, and this B & B had them everywhere! With terraced gardens and patios, surrounded by jungle, it was easy to view the wildlife right from the terraces! We saw more right on the property than when we hiked with a guide!

The owners happily arranged our dinner reservations in the evenings, washed our dirty laundry while we were out playing one day, arranged for my full body massage in my room after a long morning hike, and visited with us every evening on their beautiful terrace, where we saw some fantastic sunsets.

We really loved our stay here, and plan to return next time we go to Panama! What service!!! They have 2 wonderful well behaved golden dogs that really make dog owners feel at home! Oh, and ask to see the 3-toed sloth that lives behind the inn!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gil-SueJo
Reviewed 3 March 2007

My husband and I stayed at Golden Frog Inn in El Valle for 4 nights in Feb of 2007. We spent several weeks in Panama and Golden Frog Inn was no hands down the greatest experience. Accommodations were first class with a roomy suite, our own porch, and the most wonderful breeze through the windows day and night. We had a fantastic view of the surrounding mountains right out our window. Hosts Becky and Larry were a delight. They entertain over a glass of wine at HH on the deck while an incredible sun sets over the Pacific view. Breakfast is served daily as part of your stay with full china and silver service on the top level. This is a friendly place to hang and read a book, get a massage, explore the market in town, bird watch, lounge at the pool, or hike into the hills to hunt the illusive sloth. We give Golden Frog Inn a 5+ rating - check it out you'll love the experience! Sara & Ralph

1  Thank saraphid
Reviewed 11 October 2006

I recently had the opportunity to visit the Golden Frog Inn in El Valle Panama, and I don't think I have ever been to a more beautiful place. El Valle is paradise in the mountains, and from this bed and breakfast you can get a panoramic view of the spectacular mountain ranges that encompass the volcanic crater known as El Valle. The beautifully decorated cabanas rent from $45 - $85 per night and come with a delicious home cooked breakfast. The proprietors are American ex-pats who went out of their way to make my stay memorable. I would definitely stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled solo
6  Thank kathybegins
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Valle de Anton
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Hotel Restaurant
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Ho...
#1 of 5 in El Valle de Anton
Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort
Cabanas los Colibris
Cabanas los Colibris
#2 of 15 in El Valle de Anton

Been to The Golden Frog Inn? Share your experiences!