“Didn't even care...”

Anton Valley Hotel
Eugene, Oregon
“Didn't even care...”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I tried to stay at Anton Valley Hotel in January of 2013. I had realized that the weekend we were going to stay there was a long weekend due to the holiday. I knew that it would be busy so I made reservations well before we got there. I made it very clear to the lady on the other line that I wanted to stay two nights. When I got there I was told that I only had made reservations for one night. I said fine, I will just pay for tomorrow night also. They told me that they were full and couldn't give me a room. The customer service at the desk was very slow and acted as if they didn't even care if I got a room or not. Overall a very bad experience and if I come back to El Valle I will definetly not stay here.

Stayed January 2013
6 Thank Forest T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Panama, Rep of Panama.
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My first impression was good but, after a while it changed. The room door could be opened after you securely close it, I had to report it and then they replaced the lock. The minibar was so noisy that the first night I though it was the noise of the swimming pool pump near the room. The hot water was only barely warm and just lasted for one person, next one will have to take a cold shower. We were 3 in the room so there were an extra bed, they changed it on the second night for a tiny and noisy one, I had to sleep with my feet hanging down.
Although it is good that a hotel accept visitors with pets, there were like 3 visitor dogs that kept barking all night and early in the morning. The second morning we wanted to order breakfast and they did not allow, they said that the only option was the buffet. If you spect to see the animal shaped towells, forget it, it is only in the advertisement. The first night they did not gave the seniors citizen discount, they did it the second night after I questioned. My whole impression was bad, unsafe for the lock problem, unconfortable for the tiny bed change, cold water, noisy minibar and barking dogs. I love dogs but you have to train them and socialize them. The location is nice as long as is not saturday or sunday when the church gets crowded and there is nowhere near to park your car.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the pool people hang around until late in the night making it very noisy and...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank geangulo
Willemstad, Curacao
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Good hotel if you want something in town. Accross the church. You can walk to the restaurants but they also have their own restaurant. Rooms are neat and a special shower :) with warm water. Decent price. Not too many parking spots though.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Curtraveller
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel last week. Is very nice and clean. Good location in the middle of the valley. The people are very friendly. The restaurant "La Bruschetta" is excellent Good food. The menu is very broad frm Italian to local food.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank montny2002
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We spent a beautiful weekend, very nice view from the room, good service and spectacular food. They have an excellent italian meal but also spanish as the PAELLA. Everything is fresh. They aso serve lamb. We´ll come back for sure!!! Congrats to MARIO and EMELY very loving couple.

Room Tip: Our room was number 12.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Was very disappointed with this hotel. I had made a reservation 2 weeks before, and recieved a confirmation of the reservation and figured I was all set. I arrived in Panama on Friday and the reservation was for a honeymoon night. We got lost finding the right turnoff and arrived at 4 pm. Check in is at 3pm. When i arrived we were told that the cabin that i had reserved had problems with electricity and we were being given another room. I was given a room that was very pretty with a canopy bed, big bathroom , small refrigerator, and balcony for the same price as a full cabin. He never gave any discounts or anything for the room difference. The next morning we woke up with the biggest back and shoulder pains because the pretty king size bed was hard as a rock. In the morning the little refrigerator had ants crawling all over it. It was gross. When i was checking out I complained to the man who said he was the owner. He said that the cabin did not have problems. That it was because I did not check in exactly at 3pm, and he could not contact me because my phone does not work in Panama he took it upon himself to rent the cabin to someone else without giving us time to show up. The internet site does not say you have to be there at exactly 3pm. When he asked receptionist if we paid same price as the cabin and she said yes, he told us the breakfast was free. when we finished eating he actually only gave us a 10% discount. I would never ever use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank kelly r
Panama City, Panama, Panama
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Don't have much positive things to say about room 11. It's small, barely fits 4. There are no chairs to sit in and the restroom is TINY and uncomfortable. No A/C. No WiFi in room.

It's overpriced at $111/night, even though they offered it at $88/night.

Service was great, though.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank adrianarraquel
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Valle de Anton
Hotel Campestre
Hotel Campestre
#3 of 5 in El Valle de Anton
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Hotel Restaurant
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Ho...
#1 of 5 in El Valle de Anton
#5 of 14 in El Valle de Anton
The Golden Frog Inn
The Golden Frog Inn
#1 of 14 in El Valle de Anton

Been to Anton Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!